Cycling events for 2020 - what's your plan? [UPDATED - planning spreadsheet]

Definitely not for 2020, I got my long distance riding out of my system for a while, but here’s a possible goal to train for in the future: 48 states in 43 or less days. He has to ride 220+ miles every day! And he is 60. Maybe I should start planning something like this for my 60th birthday in 8 years? What a way to celebrate :grin:

6 Likes

Love this!

1 Like

NUTS NUTS NUTS!!! HOly cow. What an adventure and how physically demanding and mentally demanding. What determination. It must be an amazing experience to do this. I am challenged to think about riding 220 miles a day. My mind cannot wrap around that. I have no doubt that you can do it @Stefanie. That he rides himself to delerium, was something that stuck with me. Amazing. I’m going to read the blog.

2 Likes

The tour de laporte has been canceled :frowning:

I just got the email too. Boo. Had a hunch though given recent COVID news.

A post was split to a new topic: IRL Ride for Chicago Area Athletes

Guess its good i never signed up - even though I wont be going back to PA that weekend

So excited!! The cherry creek TT series is going to happen here in Colorado - 7 weeks worth of racing once a week @meganherzog you should check it out!!:hugs::hugs:.

10 Likes

We are planning on going to Montana and doing the “road to the sun” ride at the end of August. The road is closed to cars this year and in a friend’s bucket list. Maybe not an “event” per se but feel like it’s unique enough to make it count this weird summer…

5 Likes

That’s awesome @mpatton! When does it start and which day of the week are the races (and how long)?

@Marmen21 I am sure the ride will be beautiful! @dfriestedt and I are actually considering moving to Montana next year.

6 Likes

@Coach_Theia it’s every Wednesday from sept 6 - the course is approx 10 miles long. I’m doing it in the retro cat - don’t have a TT bike - but still fun :+1:

1 Like

@Marmen21 I just googled it!! Looks so nice!! Can’t wait to here about it!!!
@Coach_Theia really!!! I thought you guys were kidding around! Do it!!! I would love to live there.

1 Like

OMG @Marmen21! I am so envious! This is totally on my bucket list. Take lots of pictures and you have to tell us all about it!

How exciting @mpatton! You are going to do great!

2 Likes

I thought you guys were kidding the other day when he said that - after waking up this morning, i totally get it. Needless to say, my get up and go to exercise this morning was not present

Well, of course it depends on a LOT of things, including Drew’s business, projects, etc. But I am really, really hoping it can happen.

3 Likes

I am looking into it, it looks great! A lot will depend on kids sports schedules, as usual, with fall outdoor sports starting soon, it keeps me busy!

3 Likes

Best of luck with this, Theia! If you move, I’ll be just on the other side of the border from you :wink:

2 Likes

We have always wanted to ride “Road to the Sun,” but we are not interested in dodging traffic. We might try to go in Sept.

There is a local ride the Tour De Bass on Sunday, Oct 4th. I can believe it has not been canceled yet.

2 Likes

The road is closed to cars this year. We are only going because of that. What I don’t know is if we can ride the whole Hong or just a part. We’ll see!

1 Like

What city were you thinking and why, @Coach_Theia?!
-Angie

1 Like