Cycling visibility - How to be safe by increasing visibility on the road

I’ve had my Varia for a number of years & highly recommend it. I still listen for vehicles but it’s great to have the radar.

1 Like

I’ve had a Varia for a while and like it but I always found the battery life too short (it says 6-10 hours) and would forget to charge it. I just splurged and bought myself the one with the integrated tail light in hopes that I’ll be better about charging it. I also had issues with where to mount it on my bike since my seat sits very low and I have a bag under my seat as well. I found out that I can mount it beneath the saddle bag and somehow it can still ‘see’ past the rear wheel even though it doesn’t look like it should be able to.
Side note- I’m looking to sell my original Varia if anyone is interested in buying it cheap.

2 Likes

OMG if I don’t have mine running I feel ,Ike I’m missing something I know it’s not a substitute for being aware but it does help me feel a wee. It safer

1 Like

If you use a Garmin head unit they have an app that records the number of cars and their speeds. Interesting stats for sure.
Think it’s called my bike radar traffic.
This was from Saturday

@vivian.a.workman this is great, we’ve had our varia’s for ages but I didn’t know this app existed! Thank you

1 Like

I wonder if this works with varia and a Garmin bike computer or other bike computers

I think it’s Garmin only right now. There is also a website you can upload your rides to and it will show the traffic on the map.
It also doesn’t work with all garmin, my 520+ says it’s installed but doesn’t record. I think it will with a 530 and above maybe. So I use my Fenix 6 while riding (it records all the same data as my 520 but the 520 is on the bars).

1 Like