Do you know your rider type?

Me too! I read your description of your riding style and went, “yup, that’s me too”.

1 Like

Looking at everyone’s rider types is really interesting. Trying to work out mine:
Ectomorph, tall, athletic build, can build muscle but not super quick, totally introverted.
Love my long, long rides and long climbs. On the workouts I do well on the climbing strength intervals but I can also put out a high power for a sprint but can only hold this level for a short time. I think I’m a bit of a mix but mainly slow twitch. As for rider type, I’m still not sure!

3 Likes

I’m probably more fast twitch. I’m very light and have always been on the petite side as I’m thin with long limbs and build lean muscle, but I’m taller than petite sizes in clothes. I swam competitively for many years and was always best in the shortest races possible so definitely a sprinter which shows on the bike. I can produce a good amount of power and like to chase short segments on strava especially uphill ones as I do best on those. Long rides are not enjoyable and I find flat terrain really hard as it feels like I’m just grinding at the same pace which tires me out more than if I’m on rolling terrain. Oh I’m quite introverted and definitely an ectomorph.

3 Likes

@Coach_Theia story of my life. Jack of all trades