2023 Fit & Festive! Starts December 11!

Excellent @bkolden !! Love it!

I agree - the narratives are thoughtful and challenging and I appreciate them, too. # 4 also hit home with me and that will be something I work on going forward. # 3 came at a perfect time. I’m 65, my brother is 60, and my sister is 59. Not long after I retired and moved to the NC mountains, my sister started coming to visit and extended her stays with each visit. It has been very nice to get to know her now that I have the time to do so (particularly since I don’t have to focus on my career). Sometimes it’s hard to forget that she was my baby sister. I’ve been trying hard to just be in the moment and realize she is a grown adult and now has some things that I can learn from her. # 3 came just after I returned from a trip to visit her and helps me to realize I’m not the alone in these biases. Thank you @Coach_Theia for another great year of Fit & Festive !

6 Likes

@Coach_Theia I put the narrative from F&F to use again today and was so excited. My little TTT team decided to do the Bologna race today. The first time up the climb I was watching my teammates and trying to stay with them and looking at the percent climb. I had the thought that I couldn’t do it, but remembered the narrative that said no negotiating and just do it, so buckled down and made it up. The second time up our DS suggested the team ride at certain w/kg. I realized the was the same power as the tempo block we had done in the workout. I just looked at the watts like I was in a workout and didn’t look at percent grade and only kept teammates in peripheral vision. Amazingly the second time up using this mindset was just like being in a workout and wasn’t nearly as tough as the first time. I was able to remember the surges at the end of a workout and surged up the last bit of the climb. I don’t often see the practical application of what we are learning but today was so exciting.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing @bkolden! I love it how you were able to shift your mindset and felt stronger.

1 Like