2023 Fit & Festive! Starts December 11!

So excited to announce this year’s edition of Fit & Festive! Starts on December 11th and ends on January 1st!

Along with F&F mindset themes, I’d love to incorporate everyone’s favorite workout styles. Please post below a few of your favorite workouts. It can be a specific workout (by name) or simply a brief description of the types of intervals you enjoy the most.

:christmas_tree: :sparkles: :star_of_david: :dizzy:

5 Likes

Woohoo! I think my favorite workouts are the pyramid ones.

1 Like

I enjoy the short hard intervals and/or workouts like Boa Constrictor.

1 Like

I like 30/30s, and also workouts outside workout mode like the one you directed us to do a 10 minute tempo block, a 5 minute climb, and 2 minute all out. Also, I liked when you had us riding with the pacer bots for group ride practice. I keep meaning to do a progressive bot ride where I jump from bot to bot for intervals until I get with a bot I can’t keep up with :grin:

3 Likes

Its funny as I read these to laugh at how different we all are. Some of the things others like are on my least favorite list lol and a workout outside of a workout mode is sure to be skipped.

6 Likes

Frankly I’m afraid to request anything specific or not mention anything specific I feel like we get rewarded either way :rofl: I think we all know VO2 is not my jam and spay thing TT or endurance I like better but I’m often in the minority on that :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I really wanted to do that one but last week didn’t workout might have to fit it in later

1 Like

I can’t do threshold blocks. They slay me. I like quick surges. And I like intervals or blocks in odd numbers. I feel like it’s a hill and I’m on the down slope. When they are even in number the visual for me is flat. If that makes any sense.

3 Likes

You know I’m with you on this @PaleGail but I didn’t want to say anything for the reasons you mention! :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m coming back right in time for Fit and Festive- so I’m hoping for Zone 2 all day long! (We can always dream)

3 Likes

My support crew helping the F&F creative process!

Can you all believe this is the 5th year of F&F? WOW!!!

7 Likes

Wow @Coach_Theia! I guess this is my 4th F&F! :scream:

2 Likes

Thanks for the meetup and fun chatter @Coach_Theia @PaleGail My bike is in the living room by the Christmas tree. My cat wanted to join the ride. :scream:

3 Likes

Hahaha those crazy cats!

1 Like

I had no idea cats did that!! OMG!!

1 Like

I had to look twice to see where the cat is @bkolden :open_mouth::rofl:

@Coach_Theia - They look a lot sweeter than the workouts they create…

@bkolden that’s why I have to have the stand screwed into the floor and tie-off hooks on the ceiling and wall.
Beautiful cat and tree, it makes a wonderful addition to the tree.

5 Likes

Thank you for the nutrition quick guide @Coach_Theia. It’s so nice to have everything I need on a nicely laid out printed page. :smiley:

3 Likes

@Coach_Theia in the middle of the whole Today’s Plan mess, I wanted to thank you for continuing to provide thoughtful and challenging narratives with each workout. I did F&F #4 today and looked at the 10 minute tempo block before I got on the bike and the negative self talk started. But I went back and read your words “No negotiating with yourself. No assessing how you are feeling. Just do it with your mind fully in the present moment.” and I buckled down and plowed through the block and then to the intervals. I had decided in advance that I would stand for the 30 second VO2 interval and I just did it. Didn’t “negotiate” but just did it. Thank you!

And yes my Tree Cat is at it again! lol

6 Likes