360VELO Alpe de Zwift Meet up

Thanks @Stefanie I responded going. I’ll see what the day holds. I haven’t done road to sky yet so that’ll be a badge if I do it.

2 Likes

As long as you don’t mind that you’ll be pulling me up that mtn and it will likely be slower than normal for you @Stefanie :sweat_smile:
Chicago looks to be hot, getting humid but the storms i think are supposed to hold off until later in the day -but I wasn’t going to IRL anyway

1 Like

Thanks @Stefanie I have accepted and will be there unless I am out IRL on Saturday. Will be out one day at the weekend depends which looks best weather wise

2 Likes

No one gets to talk about how slow they are! My first time up the alpe I did 1.5 w/kg the whole way with a friend who was well into her pregnancy. We had a blast! It’s not how fast or slow the climb is but the company and how much fun you have along the way :heart_eyes: Be sure you are prepared with plenty of water, a few snacks, good humor and binoculars to find the darn Yeti! I have yet to see him! Also, we will practice low cadence, high cadence, and standing :grin:

2 Likes

So true @Stefanie. The posts about sub hour rides up the Alpe. I could care less. I’m not a climber by nature. I would like to climb better and I am getting there.
The Vixens did a group ride up the Alpe. We were all cat D and one of the Foxes joined us. We had great conversations. Found out about our new teammate and about our families. It was so much fun. And one of us had never made it up the Alpe. She would bail. She made it this time. It’s all for fun!!!

2 Likes

Hi, I am a maybe. Please send me an invite. Thanks! :grinning:

1 Like

@Stefanie hey can you get me on your meetup - my plans changed - I have to work now instead of team ride - I’m now a maybe :hugs::hugs:

3 Likes

That’s the spirit @Gossimrr!

Invites sent to you @CandaceC and @mpatton!

3 Likes

Sounds like a plan!!! I have loved our Sat 360 Velo rides!! Even the one where I was doing a different route but hung out with you all on discord! Made it so much more fun!!
I’ve only done Alpe twice and don think ive seen the Yeti do we have a clue where he/she is?

I am going ot have to make some sweet potato/sausage muffins but i used the last of the sausage tonite for pizza (surprise surprise) and i am planning to make soup or something with the seitan tomorrow so i may have to go to the store

2 Likes

Rumor has it the Yeti hangs out higher up the mountain @PaleGail. I’ve heard people have seen it around turns 7, 6 and 4

4 Likes

That is the same for me too. That’s why the only way I could do this is banded or KET. It will be fun!!!

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t think I follow most of you on Zwift. What are your Zwift names so I can find you all?

2 Likes

Many of us go by our actual names on Zwift - I’m Gail Kocher

Hi Kelly, I am an odd bod! I go by Arabella Bruce on Zwift (it’s the place I live plus the name of one of my cats!)

Christina Barbieri.

I’m curious, why do people use different names in Zwift ? Is it because it’s a game?

@Gossimrr I use different names all over the place, in real life as well as Zwift, social media etc :rofl::rofl:

What time are you guys riding tomorrow?

1 Like

10 am central time @Reneea2002. Do you want an invite? If so, what’s your Zwift name again?

@kellynoelharman, I am Stefanie Hollmichel in zwift. I don’t use my last name here because my whole name is so gosh darn long :laughing: Are you the Kelly Harman in zwift who is on Cryo-Gen?

2 Likes

Yes @Stefanie kelly harman (Cryo-Gen)

3 Likes