360VELO Alpe de Zwift Meet up

A big thank you to @Stefanie and @meganherzog for pulling us up the mountain!

6 Likes

Yes! Thank to @Stefanie and @meganherzog for leading us up that Alpe. It was so much fun. I can’t wait to do more of this in the winter.

5 Likes

This is just SO COOL!!! And look at all the jerseys, all teams united. Really, I just love this so much. I’ll be all over it too when the weather is bad and I promise to not “coach you around” unless of course someone asks for it hahaha!

Sorry about the Yodel. Instead I got to sing some other “tunes” at my dogs who are trying to destroy the brand new sod in the back yard and keep eating all the new plants.

6 Likes

@Coach_Theia I thought about that too. All the different jerseys and how it didn’t matter our affiliation, we were all in it together. It was really special.
Putting down sod is a workout in itself!

3 Likes

I can’t wait for the next one. Congratulations everyone

4 Likes

Thanks ladies!!! I had such a great time today!!! What a sense of accomplishment and to do it with friends!!! I loved all the chatting on the way up. We looked for Yeti but no luck!! Next time @Coach_Theia will definately need to yodel. It was an honor to ride with these ladies and enjoy the banter on Discord. The time and switchbacks flew by… well panted by!! Thank you so much for pulling me up the mountain. I realized after the ride that I had forgotten to change the trainer difficulty so rode with the difficulty at 80%!! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

:muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

1 Like

Bummed I missed today! Worked longer than expected…

1 Like

I also want to give a shout out of thanks to @Stefanie and @meganherzog for pulling us up the mtn!!! We had great fun!! We supertucked most of the way down the mtn!! Way to go @bkolden on the trainer difficulty!! We missed those of you that couldn’t join us but totally understand the call of the IRL (or work, sorry @mpatton)

So true about it not mattering what jersey we were wearing, we were one team today and I always feel that way with the 360 Velo family!! Thank you ladies for helping me rid my anxiety this morning. Haircut was a success - you guys asked for a picture :woman_shrugging:t3:

8 Likes

@PaleGail Ilove it! Glad it went well. More rides this winter. I’d even tackle the 3 sisters or maybe a :pretzel: with 360velo.

2 Likes

Haircut looks fantastic @PaleGail!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the pic!! Haircut looks great!!! Hope your temp was ok! lol. What a great group to be able to share cycling topics but also life in general. Thank you all!!

2 Likes

This is the first year I am actually almost looking forward to winter! I would also tackle some “scary” routes with this group of wonderful athletes!!

5 Likes

Daaaang, my avatar was thirrrrrrrrsty! :rofl:

4 Likes

Thanks all!! I guess my temp was ok, they let me in the door :sweat_smile:

I have a feeling you all will talk me into longer rides this winter

2 Likes

Such a pretty cut :star_struck::star_struck:.

1 Like

Hey @meganherzog, could you share that link to the masks you were talking about on the ride? :smiley:

Sorry I completely spaced that! Thanks for the reminder!

I shared on our ride a possible face mask option for adults and kids, which was recommended by a trusted physician I used to work with in MN. I was primarily looking for good options for my kids as they go back to school. I have ordered some, they have not arrived but I can report back once they come.

3MDmasks.com - adult masks. (they make childrens too, I ordered the ones I describe below). Price is $15 each. 5 micron filter with 93% VFE (viral filtration efficacy) rating based on their lab tests. The lab test results are available on their website. N95 masks filter out 95-99%. Standard 2 layer cloth masks filtered out 61%. Masks are washable and reusable, up to 50 washes. They have straps around the head for proper fit, I believe there is an option for ties as well.

Happymasks.com - kids masks. Price is $24 each. I ordered these because they are also lab tested with 99% VFE, are washable up to 50 times, have adjustable ear straps and nose bands for proper and comfy fit, and there is extra room built into the mask for the kids to be able to talk and breath without the covering directly over the mouth and nose (visual on the website). I am hoping these will be effective and comfortable as my kids head back into the classroom.

**As a side note - I did see that a surgical mask tested quite well on the 3MDmask testing procedure (also 99%). I have a supply of disposable masks that I obtained when I was preparing to head back out into the field in the spring, caring for hospice patients (including covid+ pts dying at home). My concern with the masks I have is they were made in China during the height of the early pandemic and I read about supplies of PPE coming to the US that were of substandard quality (some testing as low as 30% or less VFE once tested here) and I believe the ones I have are of substandard quality. I have used quality surgical face masks in hospital settings and my current masks are not that quality. Concern 2 is that masks must be fitted to the face and nose very well to be that effective, and based on my observations of the general public wearing those masks, most are worn so loosely there is no way it would offer that high of filtration as air flows in and out on all sides. Anyone who has worn a true N95 knows how they feel when breathing and there is a marked difference. Just my 2 cents, FWIW :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks @meganherzog I was just asking @Stefanie today about masks as I need some for the kids. The Happy masks look perfect, and I love that they have 3 sizes.

1 Like

@meganherzog Thanks for the ideas for high filtration masks! I am going to send the info to my daughter who teaches kindergarten for when she goes back to the classroom. I bought her some face shields to wear with masks. For now, school will start on-line.

2 Likes