Best Youtube Channel for Crit Tactics and Team Racing - Norcal Cycling

I’ve been watching this guy for over a year. He is an accomplished Cat 1 crit racer in Northern California. He races P/1/2 in California and travels to events all over the country. He is a sprinter and his team is a well organized group of guys who know how to race.

If you are interested in learning team tactics in crit racing, I highly recommend you subscribe to this channel. I’ve learned a ton from watching his videos. He explains all the team tactics and mistakes teams make. Or, if you are interested in advanced group riding tactics you can learn a lot too. Many fast group rides with teams employ many of the same tactics described in this channel.

1 Like

I survived one season of crit racing and that was enough for me. It was terrifying and exhilarating all at the same time but the terror won. I am, however, always interested in learning racing and riding tactics, so thanks!

2 Likes

I did my first season on crit racing and YIKES! I did take a bike handling class - but still feel uneasy on the turns. I had the power but would get dropped on the turns - sooo not sure it’s for me or if it just takes practice and I expected too much out of my first season - the jury is still out!

2 Likes

Norcal just posted his 5th race video in the Intelligentsia Cup. Check it out.

1 Like

I am definitely OUT of crits, but the stuff they cover here is quite interesting in terms of tactics that can be applied to other types of races…

1 Like