C group for WTRL team time trial?

Thank you SO very much, Theia!! :purple_heart::rainbow:

1 Like

Its hard living with someone who could have been a chef. We eat all the same food but he is lean - -and gotten leaner since he started “borrowing” my trainer (he isn’t running much due to injury), and I get fatter. I dropped 11 lbs after my illness but now I am back up a few :flushed:

1 Like

Same here, I am not going to be at C level. I have been gaining weight during the stay at home :frowning: I think it is a combination of stress and an office next to the kitchen.

1 Like

I gained almost 10 lbs when I changed careers and started working from home. The weight started to slowly creep up. I was able to lose it but it took some time.We can talk about this on Friday if you want @reservoircat and @goldendogy!!

2 Likes

@Coach_Theia Talking about weight would be awesome. I hope to make the call on Friday.

2 Likes

I’m being dense I guess… tried Discord again yesterday and I can’t “hear” nor can others. I can talk, record a message and press the send button to be read by others, but that’s it. I will try googling more info today so we can use it Thursday. Also, I noticed that I could not hear my music when I was on Discord - when I left the app the music came back, so I’m thinking it’s using the audio channel… (music, discord, Zwift app are all on my phone)

@Marmen21 I am able to listen to Spotify and use Discord on my iPhone at the same time. I have to start Discord first, then start Spotify, in that order. The video below might be helpful (start watching at 4:00 minutes):

1 Like

Okay! I created our team on the website. I don’t believe you have to create your own profile. I copied this list:

Every Rider must:

• Add their team tag to their www.ZwiftPower.com → Profile → Settings → Name

• Be registered on www.zwiftpower.com with accurate height and weight added.

• Use a Power Meter (i.e. trainer or bike mounted) - no Z-power Riders.

• Heart Rate Monitors (HRMs) are advisable but not essential.

• Review the Rules, under the heading of TTT from the link the the WTRL website, above

• Sign up for the Event on the Zwift Companion App - Thurs @5:35MDT, E pen for Ladies Only

• Our tag will be [360 VELO C] added to the end of your name by editing profile in ZCA

• Let’s use the Voice Channel on Discord, 360 VELO

• We should maybe chat on FB, since one teammate isn’t on here. My name is Angie Michalik.

3 Likes

@adm0629 would you please post a link to Thursday’s course please?

https://wtrl.racing/TTT-Event.php
2 laps of Tempus Fugit, 22.9mi, 188’ up, pancake flat
I don’t know how to share the link to the Zwift event from ZCA…

1 Like

This is what I would recommend- need to find out everyone’s FTP in w/kg, then come up with a plan for a hard start, steady pace in the middle (fastest that everyone can sustain), then big finish. Something like this:

Start hard for the first 15 seconds (120%-130%), then carry that momentum for another 1 min 45 sec at threshold, then settle into a good pace for the flat section that is fast but not all out (this is usually around 80%-85%, but if the TT is 20 miles not all riders might be able to sustain that, so find a w/kg you can all work with). When you are 2 min away from the finish- at that point finish harder than you started, so plan for a big finale.

Also, higher cadence (90 rpms) on a flat course usually means faster speed in Zwift. It’s important to not lose tension in the chain so pedaling efficiency is important, especially in transitions between gears and power, so you can maintain max speed.

How many racers do you have?

2 Likes

I think I’m all set. Btw, I read in the rules that the team name must be inside round parenthesis so I used (360 Velo C)

1 Like

Mine is 3.2 w/kg. We have 4 racers.

@adm0629 I need to share this info with Cindy Disanto (not 360 member) and find out info you need for ftp.
Angie, sent you message through FB. Once you confirm, we can form a group chat and I can bring Cindy in

1 Like

I think mine is 2.95 w/kg

We’re 15 minutes away! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

@adm0629, @Marmen21 and I finished out first team time trial today. It was hard but at the same time fun doing it with teammates. It’s extra motivation. You don’t want to slow down the group so even when you feel you can’t push anymore, somehow you keep pushing! The 3 of us stuck together the whole race. We pretty much followed @Coach_Theia‘s recommendation and it worked out really well.
We had a situation about 45 min into the race when a team overtook us and did some strategic move to push us even further back. They were a team of 7 so the time that counts is the one of the 4th rider across the finish line. When they overtook us, that team split into 2 groups and the 2nd group stayed with us but because we can’t draft another team, we had to slow down but they slowed down as well trying to increase the gap of the first 4 riders and our team and that made us lose a couple minutes. I guess these are team strategies but we were definitely taken by surprise…
Anyway, it was a great race and if anyone wants to join the 360 Velo C team, let us know. We are racing on the women category so any level is good. We will race at C level but if you are a B or A and want an easy ride you can join us and help us pull at the front and if you are D you can still help us and push yourself a little harder for as long as you can.

Here is my power/HR graph… you can easily see where the other team made their strategic move and we lost time… :flushed:.

4 Likes

@Covi, @adm0629, fun times! I agree with Covi, you just keep pushing for the others… thank you much! It was wonderful to just be present during that hour and be able to forget everything else… I’m curious to see how my legs feel today! :stuck_out_tongue:
So we are going for it next week? We need 360 velo peeps!!! Who is in???

4 Likes

Oh this is so interesting! I never race TTs in Zwift and it never occurred to me that this could be a tactic :flushed: Were they just ahead of you and keeping the pace down? @Covi can you share your TP file with me please?

So cool that you three did this together!! Definitely need some more teammies, and with an open “women’s” cat anyone can join. I have strength training every Thursday evening so it’s a conflict for me.

1 Like

Well done @Covi, @adm0629, and @Marmen21! That was a tricksy tactic by the team that passed you! I’ve done the team trial couple times and have not had that happen before. It’s a clever move though. It can really only work once though so if it happens again you will be prepared to push past them. I hope you are all enjoying some nice recovery today!

3 Likes