Cycling Bibs and Shorts for Women

Today’s article from Zwift Insider gave me a few chuckles. When I used to indoor ride in a group, a decade ago, my favorite “kit” back then included tri shorts with a beefier pad and a mesh sleeveless shirt from Pearl Izumi. Now, I cringe at the idea of putting a shirt on, over my shorts bra!

-Angie

2 Likes

Interesting… although I’d argue not necessary to have that indoor-specific design. I wear a sports tank top on the bike and my regular, every day shorts. Plenty of ventilation in the upper body, and I don’t think I need anything more breathable in the lower body. All my shorts have thinner pads anyway, so it all works.

1 Like

I prefer to wear tri shorts for anything up to an hour but I will wear them for a longer race simulation closer to my event. Tried just going sports bra but I’ve found a jersey (either tri or cycling) helps to collect the sweat and keeps me cooler. And I do prefer to wear a race cut when I’m racing on Zwift. Just feels better.

I have 2 pairs of gloves I switch up and a microfiber towel across the bars. Always socks.

4 Likes

Me too! Never a problem peeing in the woods.

So for me, I have worn the pactimo mesh bibs that came with my mountain bike kit. (The bibs go under mtb shorts). I usually just rotate through my bibs. On top I wear a wicking baselayer or tank top. I usually dont just wear a sports bra alone. I have a house full of men.
The other day I did a 102 mile ride on zwift, I wanted to see if the exofficio sol cool actually did what they claimed. Yes it’s long sleeve and it was 82 degrees and humid in the room I zwift in. The jersey did amazingly well and I rode the last 70miles with it on.

1 Like

Love my ex officio clothing. I have 1 pair dress looking pants and a pair of khakis. And their underwear is a must for travel.

1 Like

Yes. I use a lot of their underwear for hiking and commuting. It dries fast, and they last forever. Try one of those sol cool jerseys. (When they go on sale) you may like it for your ultra running.