Cycling events for 2020 - what's your plan? [UPDATED - planning spreadsheet]

Breaking news…Norwegian Champs is cancelled. Biggest goal this year… time to regroup and refocus.

1 Like

Well that is a bummer!!! This virus is just making a mess of everything!! I’m confident you wil find a new focus!!

1 Like

Oh no @Silje! What a cruddy year it’s been for outdoor events. So sorry. Good luck on the regroup and finding a new focus.

1 Like

…i found a new race! In my town. The same date. Its longer but I grabbed a start number before it got sold out :smiley:

4 Likes

Ha…Montana would be too remote for me. My friend’s dad lives in Montana and I have been invited (unfortunately never could make it), and flights are EXPENSIVE (pretty much always)… Just keep that in your decision calculus if it is important. I get it though… I am trying to find a cheap wooded build-able lot in Michigan myself (or Indiana near the MI border). I figure until we can afford to build the dream cottage we can always pitch a tent on it if we ever really had to get out of here quickly. One I have my eye on is actually a short bike / walk to a friends’ cottage if we needed bathroom facilities :wink:

5 Likes

well that is true… pretty remote! not even sure they have bike races!

I bet the trail riding and hiking is amazing though!

1 Like

The race I singed up for is Elite. So I am actually racing the norwegian champ in elite, who also happens to be on of the best MTB marathon riders in the world. This is going to be very interesting indeed. I dont have any expectations but I am excited to see how I measure up in IRL cycling on my home turf ( singletrails)

4 Likes

Just cross the border… we have bike races here! :wink:

1 Like

That’s fabulous @Silje! Best of luck in the race!

2 Likes

Exciting @Silje!!

Oh that’s nice! Have you signed up for any races @sjelinski?

1 Like

USAC re-ran Bologna TT correctly today. Almost a minute slower but I didn’t have anyone in my cat until after I took off. Didn’t push it as I logged 4 miles after work today. Pretty much hung out low Z4.

HR drops are from my boobs blocking the strap (yes it’s a thing). I also made a poor choice in jersey and stripped it off about 5’ into the event. The Zima Jersey isn’t for racing (although I was international tonight wearing my Zoot IM Mexico tri shorts (hello $5 clearance rack) and Aussie socks).

If I’m going to climb the hill I’m going to ride down it.

Now to see what’s for dinner, some form of chicken I believe).

2 Likes

Racing isn’t my thing, but I do ride in fondos. Of course, all events were cancelled this year… including the one fondo where I would have been “defending” my age category first place from last year. Lol! Next year, I move up to the next age category. I know of a couple of fondo type of events in MT. If the border ever opens up again, and you move to MT, and you’re interested… I’ll certainly make the trip down to ride with you! I quite like MT and have spent a fair bit of time in that state.

3 Likes

That’d be awesome @sjelinski!! I am dreaming of riding out there…

Well if you do move to Montana @Coach_Theia you will definitely get some proper mountains to throw yourself at! :mountain_snow: :grin:

2 Likes

@Silje Glad you found a race!

Finally made it to “the road to the sun”. The road is the most beautiful you can do… the road was open to cars but in pristine condition. People were super nice to cyclists so not very stressful with the traffic. I would highly recommend! So glad to be out there in 2 wheels!!

10 Likes

Wow wow wow @Marmen21! I already wanted to do this one day but now want to is have to. It looks amazing!

1 Like

What a ride @Marmen21

Very cool - I will be out there towards the end of June and will add this to my list.

1 Like