Cycling events for 2020 - what's your plan? [UPDATED - planning spreadsheet]

How awesome @Marmen21!!! Looks so beautiful!!! You’re making us all want to go there!! Congrats!!!

@Marmen21 oh wow! This looks stunning where is it?

I just got the message there will be Norwegian Champs, but on a different loaction. In less than two weeks from now!

3 Likes

@Marmen21 I have definately got to try this out!! Looks like so much fun. Is the altitude really high?

1 Like

So glad you had the chance to ride out there @Marmen21!! Amazing place!!

Totally on my bucket list. Looks amazing!!

Oh wow!!! Sooo pretty!!

Week 1 of cyclocross racing is done - 2 races and 2 nearly identical sets of mishaps: crashing/skinned knees, dropped chains, and a flipped up seat from remounting hard. Nonetheless, super fun to be out there and chatting it up with peeps that also love talking about all things biking!

Here’s a pic and my training partner sent me it, along with the question of “Why are you OFF your bike??” :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

-Angie

6 Likes

Way to go, Angie!

1 Like

Woo hoo @adm0629! hopefully week 2 has fewer mishaps. You are looking really focused in the photo! Also you must be really tall because your saddle height looks like it would be chest high for me! :laughing:

1 Like

So glad you have a CX race series @adm0629! What you described is definitely 'cross!! I dropped my chain so many times that I ended up changing my bike setup to 1x and added a chain guard. That baby never came off again! Have fun. Will it be a different course each week? And what were the 2 races on the same day? Masters and cat?

2 Likes

@Stefanie - Not terribly tall, 5’7", but I have as long of an inseam as my husband, who’s 6’1"!

@Coach_Theia - I sure wish I had a 1x!! I am getting a chain guard, though. And maybe a smaller small chainring. There’s a hill at my city course that I kept losing time on bc my competitor could sit the whole hill, where I could barely make it up, standing!

My city course series is 5 Thursdays, alternating courses. The weekend races are a Shimano series and will be at different metro venues. Last week was racing in Thursday night and Saturday morning, for me.

1 Like

Whoot Whoot @adm0629!!

1 Like

Moving this question over here since it got buried in the general discussion.

@Coach_Theia - I have 2 more weeks of Thursday cyclocross racing where I would then turn around to race again that weekend. I’ve been doing the Openers the day before the Thursday race - do I take the day off on Friday for when the next race is on Saturday? What should I do in Friday/Saturday for when the race is on Sunday? Thanks!
-Angie

@adm0629 when races are Thu and Sat, do an easy spin 45 min or so on Fri (no openers). when races are Thu and Sun, take Fri off and do openers Sat.

1 Like

Thought I’d share it’s open to all USA Cycling members. I know I have no chance (and it’s a $50 entry fee) but curious.

2 Likes

RGT is more realistic than Zwift in terms of coasting and drafting. You can actually practice some skills you’d use outdoors.

1 Like

I get the emails @vivian.a.workman and i actually laughed out loud for real - i have no chance in you know what but it was nice of them to send it to everyone :grin:

A post was split to a new topic: Cycling events for 2021