Cycling events for 2020 - what's your plan? [UPDATED - planning spreadsheet]

That’s just about 1-1.5h away! Looks like a good event for a good cause @Reneea2002! Which distance are you doing?

1 Like

Im not sure yet. Im going to try a century here soon and see how that goes.Your workouts are certainly helping me to go farther and faster so I may just be able to finally hit my goal of 100 miles.

1 Like

If you guys come I would so totally love to meet up with you!

Tagging @PaleGail @reservoircat @NUGirl @Luv2bike @C10553 - did I miss anyone in the area?

1 Like

I am definitely tempted. I have heard there is good riding out that way but I am unfamiliar with the roads so haven’t gone…this could be a great intro to the area…

1 Like

@Coach_Theia @Reneea2002 I just signed up. I was about to sign up for a multi day bike ride across North Dakota but it was literally just cancelled :frowning:
Looking forward to the Tour de LaPorte!! Hopefully it won’t be cancelled and I can meet all the local 360Velo crowd!!

2 Likes

Hooray this is great news!!!

I will have to see - I’m actually signed up for a 40 mi in PA and still figuring out whether I can actually go out there or whether I will be comfortable traveling to be honest. I will have to keep this in mind just in case!!

1 Like

Oh do it @meganherzog! Go for the 144 mile option for sure :grin:

1 Like

Bummer! That’s the only weekend that I already have plans.

Well my last big race for the year, The Charleston Distance Run (15 miles including the aptly named capitol punishment hill) was just cancelled. So I’m left with a few 5k’s, sweep of a planned 15k and my virtual races. Guess it just gives me time to get faster and work on some skills.

2 Likes

Who here is in the Chicago area? We are staying with a friend in Greyslake through the end of this week.

Hi @stacypro there are quite a few of us in the area! Will you be riding in the area? As of now, I am only riding with the same group of 8 (we all agreed to only ride with each other or solo), otherwise I’d love to find a way to ride with you!

Well my final cycling event for the year, 5 days cycling in Mallorca with my club, has been cancelled :frowning:

That sucks. It’s hard to refocus with everything being cancelled.

I’ve had all my major events cancelled. There is still a 5k running series going ahead at this time and I’m scheduled to sweep a 15k trail run in October (staggered starts and I’ll be solo for most of it unless there is injury).

I’ve been looking around and it looks like we might have a local mountain bike race rescheduled for near end of August (hot, humid, and overall horrible conditions). Registration opens 7/24 with 4(?) divisions, Beginner, Sport, Expert and Enduro. I might check out the sport division, the course hasn’t been posted but I know from running where the trails are. The one that really scares me is the BlackBear trail, specifically spectator falls. My mountain handling skills are beginner at best. There are videos on YouTube, look up Black Bear WVMTBA

A few others in the state might still be on but they are 3+ hours each way.

2 Likes

@meganherzog, there is a gran fondo coming up that is still on: P2P. City Park (Denver) to Winter Park. I’m signed up and can’t ride the distance right now. It’s 100 miles, up Lookout, Squaw Pass and Berthoud Pass. If interested, let me know! Maria

3 Likes

I’ve mostly been taking walks instead and we are headed for MI this weekend to stay with my parents for a little while. It’s been so humid this week! We basically left Phoenix at the beginning of May and have relocated for the time being. We are still quarantining and self-isolating wherever we are. I do have my gravel bike but not my road bike, so my range is more limited than it usually would be.

1 Like

@Marmen21 wow! I’ll have to check it out! Thanks for the heads up Maria

Definitely not for 2020, I got my long distance riding out of my system for a while, but here’s a possible goal to train for in the future: 48 states in 43 or less days. He has to ride 220+ miles every day! And he is 60. Maybe I should start planning something like this for my 60th birthday in 8 years? What a way to celebrate :grin:

6 Likes

Love this!

1 Like