Cycling events for 2020 - what's your plan? [UPDATED - planning spreadsheet]

…and now the news of Nats being postponed just came in. Not cancelled, but postponed to end of August. dancing happy dance

I can still work on my main goal, master XCO nats! And I have started to play with the thought of doing master world champs next year :smiley:

4 Likes

So after over a week of much frustration trying to get FulGaz to work with my ant+ trainer on an iPhone 5 because ant+ doesn’t work on newer iPhones and FulGaz is really only friendly with bluetooth and Apple TV, neither of which I have, and their tech support seems to be one person whose answer to my questions are links to support articles I have already read, I have thrown in the towel for vRAW. But all is not lost!

After a nice little cry earlier in the week, I am still doing RAW only it is going to be pRAW – personal RAW. The actual RAW route is 930 miles and 56,600 feet of climbing. I am going to work out a schedule of zwift routes that will get as close to that as possible. pRAW will begin on Saturday, June 13th and I hope to finish by Sunday the following week (21st) which is 9 days. gulp I will let you know my course schedule and I invite anyone who wants to pop in for a full day or a few minutes to join me – I’d love the company!

I was upset at first that I wasn’t going to get the fancy finisher’s medal and swag, that I won’t be able to say I did vRAW, but the swag and the race name don’t matter in the end. What matters is the challenge. I admire all of you and the hard work you put in and the goals and challenges you set yourselves and thinking about that and the amazing things you all have been doing lately helped set me right. So thank you for being such wonderful, inspiring people :heart:

Onward to my own personal RAW!

9 Likes

@Stefanie what a way to turn things around! That must have been so frustrating to try and make it work. I’m excited for you and US! We can now ride with you and follow you! I think the virtual support is going to be amazing. Zwift ladies always deliver. You can even do Rebel routes in Zwift. I just earned about them. Looking forward to this event with you!
I think pRaw is going to mean alot more in the end! xxo

5 Likes

Oh @Gossimrr, you are a wonderful dear sweetheart. Thank you! :hugs:

1 Like

@Stefanie pRAW will be much more ‘badass’ than vRAW!! Developing your own route schedule and pushing yourself for pRAW will be so much more of an achievement… and you can always get a medal custom made if you want some bling to remind you of how awesomely badass you are

5 Likes

Please share your schedule. I’m trying to do at least 1 90km ride a month so I’m game for a longer ride.

4 Likes

@Stefanie for you, i will try and Join a ride that stretches me, pRAW it is!!! We’ll make you a medal to commemorate all your hard work!!! You are an inspiration to and a leader of the 360 Velo crew!!

3 Likes

Thanks @Michelle and @PaleGail :heart:

I will definitely share my schedule @vivian.a.workman and would love to have you join me if you can :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Stefanie You are such an inspiration. I love your plan and please share so we can ride with you.

2 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Virtual Ride Across the West (RAW)

Chicago Cross Cup just got cancelled for 2020 :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

Oh no! So sorry! :cry:

So sorry to hear. It’s a frustrating year for sure on many levels. I know my state is experiencing an influx of tourists just to hike, bike, etc as we are less than a days drive from most of the eastern US.

Not sure if any bike racing is still on, I know the youth school team is starting to practice and attending camps.

We’ve had a few small running races go live but will switch to virtual if needed. Still haven’t heard about my 15 mile road race (it’s the annual I hate the hills and boring flat and it’s hot as hell but it’s a Charleston thing run).

A trail race got approval to proceed in a state park and they are working out the logistics. I’m the race sweep and it’s a point to point so I think I’ll have my mother Sherpa (it’s by her house) me to the stops. I’ll have minimal contact with people unless there is an emergency. Plus it’s beautiful up there in the fall.

1 Like

Bummer @Coach_Theia :disappointed: i really think they need to start making breaking news what is actually happening vs. what is canceled.

Noooooo :sob: But we just got the USA Cycling update that I thought might be encouraging for Nationals. Gotta make new goals…
-Angie

@adm0629 I am told that some race organizers might still hold events. But of course it won’t be the same as the Cup.

1 Like

This is a total bummer. I just hope we get a few races in this season. Fingers crossed.

SBT GRVL Ride was cancelled, but there is now a SBT VRTL on Aug 16th that you can ride anywhere, anytime, any way you want (outdoor or indoor). I’m tempted. 37, 64, 103, or 144 mile options.

3 Likes

I saw that… You live in CO so you could find a great route with climbing. Do it Megan! Out here is flat and boring, so I am not tempted at all.

1 Like

For all my chicagoland peeps on here there is a ride in NWI that is still scheduled to happen this August. I just signed up. Here os a link to the website if you are interested https://tourdelaporte.org/