Cycling events for 2021

So happy you’ve found joy in racing, again! It’s funny how different aspects of different types of racing appeal in phases and we’re fortunate to have so many choices. I wholeheartedly agree that racing with teammates adds so much to the experience that I don’t even like racing alone, now. :sun_with_face::rainbow:
-Angie

2 Likes

Rock On @Coach_Theia !!! super cool. :star_struck:

1 Like

loved reading this race report. I felt your enthusiasm and love of the day! It sounded like so much fun! More to come this season!

1 Like

Congrats on what sounds like a fun event. And glad to see some IRL racing.
We did hear from the REVO teammates and it sounded like they also had a blast.

2 Likes

So awesome on the race @Coach_Theia!!! @Stefanie is right you might have to become an honorary REVO member - you even got tagged in the team FB page for the event!!! So happy for all of you and Psimet was awesome!!! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Oh I have to look for that tag- didn’t see it! My FB is a nightmare.

1 Like

You may not see that tag @Coach_Theia since it was in the REVO private team page - even though FB let Paige tag you so don’t stress :grin:

1 Like

Instead of the TT simulation workout on Saturday, I decided to do an IRL individual time trial, instead. I read through the workout and tried to keep the plan in mind during the race. It started on an incline so I started out strong and stood at the end of approaching the crest, followed by recovery on a downhill but kept tension on the chain. Another small climb where I stood at the end and a bit of recovery before the varying uphill grade to the end. I wanted to quit but I kept telling myself to turn the pedals over and keep pushing the bike forward. I misjudged the ending that I thought would be an explosive standing effort, like I practiced, but the finish was more toward the base of the climb so a little anti-climactic. I was breathing so hard at the approach that it didn’t even register that the end was so close but I’m not sure I could have gone even an ounce harder. The program/methods are working!
-Angie

8 Likes

Way to go @adm0629! :boom:

1 Like

Congratulations

1 Like

Congrats @adm0629!!! The race is never over until it’s over! Plus, the pain of quitting is harder than the pain of pushing the pedals. Way to go!!!

3 Likes

DNS
Obviously injury plays a role (and can cause any of these without shame) but if you never start you’ll never finish.

Awesome @adm0629!!! :biking_woman::tada::muscle:t2:

1 Like

Noice!:raised_hands:

1 Like

My month of triathloning is over, I think. :laughing: Today’s race was a PR on the course that I’ve raced 6 times over the years by 3 minutes over just 12 miles - 3rd Overall on the bike leg. Felt incredibly smooth and strong. 2 road triathlons and an Xterra. Back to “normal” programming?
-Angie

10 Likes

Congrats

1 Like

Well done @adm0629!!! :swimming_woman: :biking_woman::running_woman::tada:

1 Like

Well done @adm0629! :muscle:

1 Like

Congrats @adm0629!!!

1 Like

Amazing @adm0629. Congratulations Angie!!

1 Like