Eating / fueling multi-day rides and races

@gosimrr i follow this for all my races

2 Likes

Thanks @PaleGail, I did a screen shot. I’m thinking I’ll have my protein waffles with nut better and jelly as my pre snack race. Trying to figure our lunch as I usually have salad. Maybe a bean burger?

careful with fiber before a race… you want something that has protein but can be digested fast.

1 Like

What @Coach_Theia said - i will do kodiak cake pancakes with syrup as breakfast and then an egg or mashed sweet potato with maple syrup for the 45 min snack - need more maple syrup though - at the end of my stash - i so don’t want to go to costco this weekend :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

@Coach_Theia that is my quandary, I’m not sure what to eat there. Fried rice with tofu for lunch? Maybe I should look at @Stefanie’s food log. :thinking:

@PaleGail if it were breakfast, I’d be good. It’s lunch, so should I just do another breakfast for lunch?

You could do another breakfast for lunch or rice (white, not fried, boiled/steamed if you can) and tofu

@Coach_Theia if I planned I could have made rice cakes with tofu. I’m
Thinking maybe some steel oats and protein powder and maple syrup.
Maybe some rice bites during the race if I need. And the syrup of course!

1 Like

@gosimrr that hour I’m behind you gives me the option to have a lite lunch - i made some pasta tonight so i may have that as my 2/3 hrs pre-race - or more kodiak cakes - depends how my morning goes :grin:

2 Likes

@gosimrr if you want a tasty savory lunch and have chick peas on hand you could try this

You get carbs, some easily digestible protein, and turmeric is anti-inflammatory. I’ve had this before a race in the past and it’s great!

Good luck everyone racing today!

2 Likes

@Stefanie this looks great. I always have chickpeas on hand. They are my go to protein.

@PaleGail I can eat pancakes for dinner!

2 Likes

Not sure where to put this question. Yesterday after the final race of TdB, my stomach was a mess . It started mid race. I didn’t change anything I was eating prior. I did eat two ginger ale gummies and did a shot of maple syrup. After the race my stomach was so upset. I didn’t want to eat but did.today, it is better but not normal. I think it’s due to maybe my HR being so high. :woman_shrugging: how can I remedy this during races? It didn’t happen during the first two but they were shorter. I also had tailwind in my bottle and some with caffeine in it but I just sipped that one.
Suggestions? Been sipping ginger tea all day today.

moved it here @gosimrr

Do you have a log of everything you ate since Friday, and how much, to see the significant deviations/changes from your day-to-day diet? I also had an upset tummy yesterday and had no appetite all morning yesterday… and today all I can stomach is protein and veggies- I definitely have “carb-fatigue”. I ate a lot more carbs than usual so I know that’s what is upsetting me. First 2 days I was also fine.

Are you used to Tailwind?

Listen to your body and eat what looks appealing to you today.

1 Like

At least I know I am in good company @Coach_Theia
Do I log my food. Yes. I log most days because I’m going for my blood tests soon. I’m so tired of logging my food. I don’t know if I had more cccarbs, but they were front loaded in the day for the races. I normally would spread them out for lunch and dinner because I love carbs. LOL.
Today I settled for rice and homemade stirfry for dinner. It was nice and mild. My son made it Saturday night and I have been looking forward to it.

I’ve ben using Tailwind since last spring. So I am used to it.

I am listening to my body and not stressing too much on my carb ratios today. ANd eating some processed foods today. It’ll sort out soon and I’ll be back on track.

I hope you are feeling better soon as well.

2 Likes

we talked about rice cakes today on our trail ride - i need to reread this as I think my memory was off - @adm0629 remembered it better but it was a really interested blog, especially if you like to make rice cakes for rides
Rice Science +How to Help your Rice Cakes Last Longer - Skratch Labs

1 Like