Free 30-Day Women's Cycling Challenge!

Hi everyone! I am looking for 20 women to participate in a :muscle:30-day cycling challenge :muscle:designed to improve fitness, teach new skills, and develop strength on the bike, entirely free.

:point_right:If you are interested, check out the link below for all the details and to fill out the form to apply.
:point_right:It starts on April 20th, and spots will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis for those who meet the criteria.
:alarm_clock:Grab this opportunity to improve your cycling in a supportive environment!

https://www.360velo.com/30-day-womens-cycling-challenge/

5 Likes

Hi All- I will be launching another Challenge in the upcoming days!! Please tell your friends. This will be the last free Challenge. Going forward, I will start to charge a small fee, as the work that goes into running it is significant. But then the fee can be used towards a plan if they decide to sign up.

I will also make it easier for participants… I will post the plan to their calendars directly and no need to apply the plan, submit links of completed workouts, etc.

4 Likes

@Coach_Theia, I am so grateful for you offering this challenge in April 2020 and for accepting me in that challenge!! I am so glad I found you and this group!!! Thanks for all your hard work!!

Barb

3 Likes

Thank you @bkolden I am so happy you are here :hugs:

1 Like

Once you announce, I will post to a couple of local ladies’ groups. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I reached out to the ladies i rode TdB with in case they are interested - we all have the Zwift racing bug after that - so far 3 of us have joined teams (I got on a great team :blush:), 2 others are still considering what team they might want to be on and the other person, I’m not sure what she’s doing.

2 Likes

DId you launch it yet @Coach_Theia? I want to be sure the one individual I know is interested sees it.

Not yet!! Getting ready… will make sure to post it here when I do. Thanks for the support!!

1 Like

It’s back!! Starts on August 24th. Please spread the word:

https://www.360velo.com/30-day-womens-cycling-challenge/

PS - looks like the page isn’t loading… so here are the details. You may share a link to this post instead:

If you can’t open the link, here is the description: When: August 24 – September 19, 2020

Limit: 50 participants

Cost: FREE

The Challenge

The 30-Day Women’s Cycling Challenge is designed to expose newer athletes to the benefits of an effective training program and to teach them the skills that will make them faster and more efficient on the bike. It is also a fantastic way to connect with other women cyclists and get the motivation and accountability from a coach in a friendly and inclusive environment. You do not need to have training experience to join.

Objectives:

Fitter – improve your fitness by completing structured workouts with a purpose

Faster – learn new skills that will result in speed, efficiency, and economy on the bike

Stronger – develop muscular strength for riding on hills, climbs, and flat roads

Includes:

Training plan with three structured workouts per week

Access to Coach Theia and fellow participants via a private forum

What else do you get?

Access to a community of like-minded women in a private setting

Motivation from peers

Nutrition tips

Requirements:

Power meter or trainer with a power meter

Willing and able to commit to the challenge

Able to do 2-3 workouts per week

Minimum of one year of cycling experience

Currently riding at least four hours a week

New to the Challenge and new to training with Coach Theia

Accountability:

We will keep track of workout completion

Must complete 2 workouts per week to advance to the following week

Goal is to complete 80% of all the workouts

Other:

Workouts can be done at any day/time of the week in which they are given

No make-up sessions in subsequent weeks or push to later weeks (e.g., week 1 workouts need to be done on week 1)

Workouts will be shared via TrainingPeaks (you will need to setup a free Basic account) and they can be uploaded into Zwift.

To apply: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/35S2ZLB

4 Likes

My friend signed up for your challenge. Sarah Worsham. She is very excited.

2 Likes

Excellent!! Thanks @kellynoelharman! Good luck today!

Super excited about this! Thanks!

3 Likes

I hadn’t realised the start date, hoping ok miss first couple of dates but am very excited

Fingers crossed

We had a short notice week holiday to Broome Western Australia

3 Likes

I am really excited about being given the opportunity to take part and are looking forward to seeing the results and hopefully win my QOM back on a couple of Strava Segments! :crossed_fingers::laughing:

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Welcome to the August 2020 Women’s Cycling Challenge!

Thanks for accepting me into this challenge. I’m looking forward to getting back into a regular program vs. just riding the same way every time I ride. :grin:

3 Likes

Super excited about this training! Just did my FTP it’s 90w. I have no idea what this means, I just know that with the extra COVID pounds and not being on the bike in the last 6 weeks it challenged me.

Michelle Smiley

2 Likes

Hi Michelle! FTP is just a “language” that we use to prescribe workouts, a number to work with. Welcome!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m from Gravenhurst Ontario and I’m 55. Riding for last 6 years on a hybrid. Just started Zwift in March 2020

2 Likes

Looking forward to starting this challenge. It’s going to be exciting

5 Likes