How to get balanced meals every day of the week

Thanks for sharing. Will have a look for them.

1 Like

Your Costco is always head and shoulders above mine… in Boulder, even! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Keep posting your hacks!
-Angie

1 Like

Super awesome ideas here!

I admit I’m terrible at preparing meals in advance for the week. When I do get my act together and cut up veggies ready for salads and cooked veggie dishes, half the time the kids have polished them off as snacks before I even get to meal prep! :joy: (A very good problem to have, I know) Thus, I have some quick, trusted “recipes” that can be whipped up in a matter of 30 mins and have all the food groups well represented. I really should use frozen veggies more as I end up wasting more food than is desired but the farmers’ markets are just too darn tempting to pass!

For mornings when I do long rides, I swear by precooked rice and tofu/eggs and overnight oats. Both can be prepped in hotel rooms that have a microwave oven and a fridge. I’ve never gotten as many suspicious frowns as when I carried hydration & protein powders in Ziploc bags to overseas cycling trips! :rofl:

1 Like

you have to tell me the secret to that! special veggies? no other food around so that’s the only choice? LOL

Even I am not that mean LOL!! My kids grew up principally on an Indian vegetarian diet over the years that my in-laws lived with us between snowbird periods away. Protein and B12 was always more of a challenge so we’d blackmail our daughter by saying “eat your chicken and THEN you get your veggies”. She ate like a sparrow so nutrient density was very key. There was no beef or pork in the house those times as is customary to most Hindu households. Now they eat anything that doesn’t walk off the plate but absolutely enjoy their fresh veggies, especially after a steady Central European holiday diet of ++ meat and potatoes :smiley: PS. You listed all my favourite fruit from persimmons to mangoes!! We go through a lot of those when they’re in season. Thankfully our local Costcos carry both :yum:

2 Likes

veery interesting @ChaCha! Makes sense…