#HUMBLEBRAG Monday!

I’m so glad you are listening to @Coach_Theia and taking time off hard training. As you know, if you train in spite of being sick your healing will be delayed and your training will suffer. Feel better soon!!

2 Likes

I hope so @Coach_Theia

So my life isn’t going as planned (at all) this Summer. The episode with my parents, plus kids’ insane schedule are preventing me from doing the races I planned to do. I already went through the whole mental process of getting over that fact and accepting it. I am now focusing on and hoping I can race a full cyclocross season in the Fall.

With all that, I hit a bit of a rut with my training, and a week or so ago started resenting my workouts (not surprising given the above). To shake things, I decided to insert some fun into my cycling. If I can’t race, I will do the next thing I enjoy which is some fun but challenging group rides. This is where my humble brag comes in. This is a ride I did yesterday with some of the fastest guys in the area - and I was the only woman. It was super fast, and challenging, and it provided me with the adventure I was craving from racing.

9 Likes

Wow! That is fast! Well done! So glad you were able to find a challenge and have some fun. Fingers and toes are crossed for a full cross season! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Oh, @Coach_Theia when does life go as planned? As a parent it’s so hard, we put our kids first. Enjoy these days of their active lives. In a few years they will be borrowing the car and driving themselves to practice and games! So glad you found some challenges in the meantime. I hope you can at least get one race in this summer.

Looks like an amazing fun fast ride!

1 Like

I’m super glad you found other challenges Coach Theia.

Stefanie reading your biking updates you are biking machine💪🏾! I wish I had your legs for next weeks trip 1000m climbs you would up em like a mountain goat. It’s going to be a slow plod for me on my mtb but I’ll get there.

3 Likes

Ha @ronyiigibbs I don’t know about that! I have only ever climbed mountains on Zwift because I live in a relatively flat place. I can find some rolling hills and some short, steep 2-3 minute climbs, but climbing a real life mountain I have never done. So kudos to you for upcoming trips with those big climbs! You will do great! :goat:

1 Like

54 miles in 2 hours :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::exploding_head:

3 Likes

Just got back from her another hill climb (who AM I?!) and tried a different strategy than last time - I went out hard. Standing VO2 (HR, not sure about power, haha!) for the first mile. Sat back down to transition and had very little left. But I actually wasn’t afraid to experiment with a climb!! Can’t wait to get back to that one - next time, I’ll stand only when the pitch is super hard, not just hard, so I have strength left to push when I sit.
-Angie

6 Likes