#HUMBLEBRAG Monday!

Brag on me!!!

Thought I’d start this fun thread. I know today is not Monday, but we yesterday was a holiday in the US, so technically today is like Monday.

Every Monday, I invite you to share something you did the week before that you are proud of. Something you accomplished, something you overcame, something you finally got done.

We are not talking about something the media would talk about (although you can include those too). We are all super-heroes in our own lives and the lives of those we touch. So it can be as simple as getting your workout done when all odds were against you. It doesn’t have to be bike related either.

The goal is to bring awareness of just how much we accomplish without realizing!

So, what are you proud of this week?

3 Likes

This is fun!! :grin::grin::grin::grin:

I have wanted a new bedspread for YEARS! The one that has been on our bed is so ugly. I am the worst when it comes to buying things. It takes me forever to make a decision. Well…I finally bought a new bed set!! :grin:. It is so pretty, and every time I walk into my bedroom and see it it makes me happy. Yay!!!

9 Likes

I got a flat on my rail trail ride Saturday. No big deal, I know how to fix a flat. But I was riding my gravel bike with bigger tires and the tires had been on the rims a long time, like 2 years. Last time I took the tire off it had been on a long time too and I had to have my husband help me get it off and then back on. But I was alone on the ride. Not only did I get the tire off but I got it back on too. I struggled a little with that last bit before the tire snaps into the rim, but I did it! Strength training for the win!

9 Likes
  1. Not this past Saturday 3 days ago, but the Saturday previous, my husband and I went to for a ride with our friends Brett and Alexis. It was the first time we have seen Brett and Alexis in more than a year and our first ride with other people since March 2020.

2. Wednesday, I went to the gym for the first time since March 2020 and did a minor lifting routine.

3. My husband went to rowing practice on Saturday (3 days ago) for the first time since March 2020.

4. While my husband rowed, I went on my first cycling club group ride since March 2020. Their ride was 100 miles long, but I only rode 19 miles of their route and then went home. I have been nervous about doing any group rides, since i haven’t been riding outside very much, but I wasn’t nervous about riding only 19 miles. It was really nice seeing them and I feel much more confident that I will be able to go back to group cycling even though it has been so long. The group was small, only 6 of us, but a good start. Chatting to people was great.

5. On that same Saturday, we went to a party at Alexis’s and Bret’s home for his birthday. 9 people all vaccinated attended. We got to see our close friend Chrissie who we haven’t seen in over a year. It was our first party in this era and our frst time being in someone else’s house in this era.

6. Today, I went for an IRL bike ride with my best friend Mark. My last ride was with mark was right before last year’s shut down. I haven’t seen him since. I had a great ride. It was if the whole last year hadn’t even happened. Today was my longest outside ride in the covid era.

10 Likes

Last Thursday I decided to jump into the last Liv/Giant Crit Crushers race as D Cat. And I placed 18th!!! I’ve come from from not being able to finish the TTT in Boudicca last August to legitimately racing a Crit is so huge for me. It’s ‘pack meat’ to some but it’s :1st_place_medal: to me.

9 Likes

Wow this is a toughie!! Sunday a week ago i spent time inside a bar/restaurant having dinner - that’s huge for me. Last Tues, ZRL race 8, i did Surrey Hills without going into my small ring and (since I’m a little nuts, even did the extra 4 mi for the route badge :woman_facepalming:t3:). And yesterday i took my car to the car wash - hasn’t been washed since sometime before stay at home Mar 2020 - no do it yourself car washes here in the city and having someone else sit in my car has been on the no list - i did help my teammate do some last moving stuff and errand Sat but i know her so that’s different

Next goal? Work on unclipping with my power pedals :scream:

8 Likes

Last week I painted all the baseboards at home. I procrastinated doing this task for over 6 months but as no one was coming to visit I had no pressure to make them look perfect… my mom is coming to visit in 2 weeks so I finally got it done :grinning:. I have to say, all the kneeling, squatting, etc was harder than any of my bike workouts… who would have thought you can get sore from painting baseboards!!! Another reminder of why I really need to do strength training…

7 Likes

Loving this thread! I’ve always felt uncomfortable descending steep hills in the hood. Being a mountainbiker I feel caged in, but last night I rode several KM in the hoods on one of the big decents here, I even hit a pot hole without dying. I focused on being relaxed and enjoying the speed. I know it’s safer to ride this way so I’m slowly working up the confidence (and I need to adjust the levers so I can reach the more easily)

ons. 2. jun. 2021, 06:55 skrev Covi via 360 VELO Forum <notify@discuss.360velo.com>:

7 Likes

Great Idea Coach!

Nice job on the new bed spread!

I’m the queen of procrastination finally got my school reports done yesterday! Feel like a free woman again. Off to get my hair done as a reward!

8 Likes

Loving reading about all your achievements. Thank you for this thread @Coach_Theia!

At the very end of last week I did this year’s first outside 100 miles. It was also my first non Zwift 100 miles since probably 2018 or even 2017 and certainly my first on this bike. Only 97 days until Ride Across Britain so it was good to get it under my belt and know that the bike is comfortable for that distance. Even though the route was quite climby I felt pretty good afterwards and got on my bike again the next day to enjoy the sunshine some more.

10 Likes

I love this thread! Spent last weekend with my extended family. It has been 18 months. It was so good for the soul.

7 Likes

It took me almost a year to do it, but I finally built shelves in my downstairs closet & then neatly arranged my closet stuff. Really seems like such a small thing but I’m both proud & relieved to having completed that task.

7 Likes

Every time I get on my bike, I’m so amazed that I finally found a pair of shoes and put the cleats on by myself! And they feel good.
I also had a weekend with two girlfriends, despite the rain, and lugged my strength training weights to CT with me!
And I’m almost closer to learning how to measure my blood glucose. Almost there.

8 Likes

Had lunch with co-workers at a restaurant. First time in 14 months!

6 Likes

This weekend we did our usual ride to NY from Brooklyn. There is this ramp to ride up to go over the GWB and it has this hairpin turn. Like a switchback but smaller. I hate it. I get anxious, vertigo, I walk it. I have to go on it to get over the bridge. This weekend, I was able to ride up it for the first time in 3 years!!! I hope to be able to set the stage to do it again on my next ride there. I know why I have such anxiety and have been trying to work on it. I am so afraid of heights. But I had resorted to just running up half the ramp and not being embarrassed about it but this was a major accomplishment. Fingers crossed for next time!

6 Likes

Fantastic @Gossimrr!!! Now that you’ve done it, I am sure you will do it again and every time!

1 Like

I knocked off one of my “to do” climbs over the weekend. Snowbowl hill in Flagstaff. 1700’ of climbing in a little over 6 miles. Oh, and starting at 7000’ of elevation. Oh, and it was a “race” in that I registered, and I was NOT the last one up the hill.

8 Likes

I nailed the 1-min surges in “speed for the flats.” (I was pleasantly surprised.)

7 Likes

I chose not to stress about missing two workouts and strength training because of a cold. The Oura helps with that part. It was yelling at me to rest.

7 Likes

Congrats on your super strong completion of the surges!! Well done!!!

1 Like