I feel lost, send help!

@franklim the like is for you doing an imperial! Which one, Zwift or IRL?
I disagree you suck at Zwift racing you are great! Don’t let the trainer issues become your fault :hugs:

@Petals I’m happy to hear you were able to come up with a new plan!

We have two weeks of “vacation” time next week so I’m hoping that helps and then I think I’ll start to figure out how to restart after that.
Not that it’s good on us, but seeing others in similar boats helps me know it’s not just me. Hopefully we can support each other through our downs as well as our ups!

4 Likes

The title of this thread is so raw and honest. And I think if we all are honest, we all feel a bit lost somewhere in our lives. Covid certainly hasn’t helped. As everyone has already said, we are all in this together and the support and encouragement among all of the 360Velo athletes is what helps us not feel alone. When you are back from vacation/refreshment we will all be here to support you and get you back on track!!

5 Likes

@Petals and @franklim and @medic7404 I am greatful for your honesty and bringing all this up. I am currently going through an “episode”, cause I don’t know what else to call them. Where I have leg pain and sleep issues. I feel like it’s a cycle I cannot figure out. I did the ODivaZ ride today whichI love. I counted down the 60 minutes in my head. Portioning the ride into 15 min blocks to make it out alive. It hurt my quads. I feel it’s a puzzle I cannot figure out. So knowing others are feeling and experiencing issues helps me to put my things in perspective. I hope that’s not selfish. I know I will come out of this cycle again. Not sure when, but I know there is light at the end. Hoping you will see it too. During this, I try not to have negative thoughts creep in and I try to remind myself that it is temporary.

1 Like

@gosimrr I totally get how you are feeling.

The article I read about overtraining listed a few things I was experiencing, which were also some things you describe… my legs (and whole body sometimes) just ached, regardless of the activity I did, and I have been sleeping horribly, despite having plenty of time for sleep. The quality was just terrible.

The only down side to Zwift I have ever found is it really can be addictive.

I’m glad that I am feeling understood with this. I hope you can feel that way too!

1 Like

I have autoimmune issues so I am always playing the balance game between stress, rest, exercise and sleep.
Where some get to push through for exercise gains, I try to push the envelope and end up going backwards with weakness, inflammation and exhaustion. It does get demoralizing.
Presently, I’m dealing with autoimmune related erosive mouth sores. Next week, I get the results of the biopsies.
I have to keep riding and exercise fun and not get too caught up with the numbers and comparisons.

3 Likes

To add to all of the physical stress, we are all dealing with the mental stress of the pandemic. The body does not differentiate between the two and reacts the same way… and adds it all up.

And I have to bring food up again, because so much of how we feel is related to how and what we eat, and whether we eat enough…

@gosimrr have you done a complete blood panel recently? Considering how you feel, and that you are a vegetarian, there could be a deficiency somewhere. But ideally, you’d want to have the results checked by a Dietician (as in someone with a College Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics) because general doctors look at results from a very broad perspective.

3 Likes

@Coach_Theia I am due for an annual physical. My doctor left the practice so I have to see how this other one is. I usually ask for testing of my ferritin stores. I’ve wanted to see a dietitian but not all respect my good choices. I’ll see what she can suggest.
Interestingly enough, I was able to give blood this year. All my levels were ok. I haven’t given blood in over 15 years due to low iron and HCT (?). Plant eating has done me some good.
This feeling in my legs happens in cycles and it would be wise for me to keep track. :woman_facepalming:t2: It was suggested once by a nutritionist that perhaps I have Andrea all fatigue. Which I can see. My pain started after our trip. I spent half the time being the entertainment committee for my family and the other half taking care of my husband who flew off the bike. I also worked two days and had to drive home. Lots of acute stress.

1 Like

I guess this was meant to be spelled adrenal fatigue. Here is an interesting article on the topic:

https://www.precisionnutrition.com/dr-detective-tired-adrenals

https://www.precisionnutrition.com/what-do-the-adrenal-glands-do

1 Like

@Coach_Theia these articles were great. The case study was so interesting. Addressing the causes as to why the Adrenal glands aren’t working.
I am hoping I can get some sort of test for this as I think it is an underlying cause.

2 Likes

@Coach_Theia also what hit me is I recently have been getting dizzy when standing. Not every time but often enough I notice it. Also waking every night at the same times.

1 Like

@Gossimrr i feel for you!!! You’ve had a lot going on and the whole C19 hasnt helped. I hope your trip gives you a little break. Sounds like a good checkup is due and maybe a nutritionist. (And the likes are because i get it not because i like what you are going through)
@Coach_Theia the forum needs a care button in addition to a heart/like button

And yes, this thread has been great - not because i am happy others are going through this stuff but because we are being honest with each other and knowing it’s not just me. Trust me, I get that my stress is way different and less than others - single, no kids (2 or 4 legged) - work on the other hand - somedays i feel like an island there - and that’s when i get on the bike and look in the forum to catch up with everyone. Thanks all!!

7 Likes

Interesting!

thanks @PaleGail. I will figure it out I hope. I have been looking at the doctors recommended to me and they seem like they may be up my alley. Out of the box thinking. I have learned alot in this forum and have tried many of the things suggested. I know that I have made progress in recovery and nutrition and strength! I may not be able to get rid of this pain, but if I can understand it and work with it, I condier that a win.

3 Likes

Just to update you all on how I’m feeling, I’m basically two weeks out from any serious riding or training. We’ve been doing some walking and beach bike riding. I’m starting to sleep better again and even dreaming again. My body no longer hurts all over. I’m also starting to crave riding my bike. We’re still technically on vacation for a couple more days ( and didn’t bring our own bikes with us) but I’m Actually looking forward to some rides and workouts When we get back.

9 Likes

@medic7404 so glad you checked in and so happy you feel better!! Sounds like you are physically and mentally recharged!! Welcome back!!

2 Likes

@medic7404 that’s excellent! I am so happy you took this time to recharge. I also hope you had the chance to have a more clear view of the things that bring you joy about cycling and training.

2 Likes

Glad to hear your doing better- seems to have been going around!!

3 Likes

I’m ready to get back on track, but a somewhat controlled track. Count me in now!

7 Likes

Excellent @medic7404 :partying_face: :partying_face: