IRL Ride for Chicago Area Athletes

@Reneea2002 i hope so - i think once the weather starts to cool off and eveyrone’s settled into back to school (for those that this impacts) that @Coach_Theia might be able to schedule it for us

Let’s see when everyone is available!

Here are the dates I can commit to:

• September 7 (Memorial Day)
  • September 13 (Sunday)
  • September 20 (Sunday)

0 voters

FYI September 7 is Labor Day :smiley:

If I start now I can bike to Chicago and ride with you all. Ha!

2 Likes

Do it :smiley: how far from chicago are you? My husband has to work labor day and I am off so it would be perfect for me. But im guessing alot of people have stuff going on. But maybe with the pandemic that isnt the case. We shall see.

1 Like

I’m not going anywhere so i can make it all work

1 Like

I’m in Minneapolis @Reneea2002 so according to Google, it’s about 460 miles. It would be really fun to do sometime, but sadly not during the pandemic :mask:

1 Like

paging @reservoircat!

2 Likes

I know I have been totally MIA, but I would love to do a ride! It has been such a crazy summer- and not in a good way. Looking forward to seeing people IRL!

Jenna

1 Like

I’ll also add that if anyone wants to ride flat, empty roads you are welcome to head out by me in Elburn (about an hour west of Chicago - the end of the Metra UP west line). It’s a haul to get out here, but it’s a pleasure to ride with no traffic!

1 Like

Yay! @NUGirl is back!! No traffic sounds amazing. I am up for the drive if that works for everyone.

2 Likes

I’d rather drive than take the metro almost anything for me is at least an hour so not an issue here

1 Like

@Coach_Theia I am in! @NUGirl I have been driving out to Plainfield to start rides and then heading west and southwest on various rides - -some of which I think overlap old MS150 routes. I absolutely love the riding out there and am up for a Chicago area ride. Any of the dates works for me!!!

@Reneea2002 - I rode out in La Porte again yesterday - - this time the 40 mile loop which became 45 miles after adding a detour and a roll through Tryon Farms. I have to say the 60 mile loop which I did in early August is far superior in terms of road conditions but both are excellent mostly low-traffic rides. Route 1000 in and of itself is the one of the greatest roads I have ever ridden on - - it is pristine fresh pavement!!! In all cases however there is a bridge over 90/94 that is under construction (as in not currently there), so you have to detour. Also the road at the start still hasn’t been paved but it is completely do-able on a road bike.

Alright!!! So Labor Day it is! September 7th. Now on to decide the route. @Reneea2002 is the only one in IN… How far of a drive would it be for you to meet up in Elburn? Is that doable for you?

Well I guess I will just be satisfied with hearing all the reports. Elburn is 460 miles from me!!! lol

It looks like about a 2hr drive each way. If we could do somewhere a little closer it would be nice but if everyone else wants Elburn I will make the trek. I am very excited and I will still come even if its that far.

Ouch that’s a long drive for you @Reneea2002. I am open to other options from everyone.

I only know routes in the North Shore… It’s not super quiet but it’s fairly safe. It’s where I ride every day.

1 Like

Next time you come out this way I would totally be up for riding with you!

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Week 1 - Women’s Cycling Challenge (8/20)

@Coach_Theia it looks like you are about an hour and a half from me. Im ok with that if thats what we all pick. I did try to see if i could find anything in southern cook or even will county, but im not sure whats out there and i wouldnt want to pick an unsafe area. I grew up in Alsip but I didnt ride back then :slight_smile: