IRL Ride for Chicago Area Athletes

Are you going to do the 100k on Sunday? Ive never ridden that long on the trainer. I was afraid if I did Sunday I would be too tired for our ride on Monday.

@Reneea2002 not sure just yet. Stubbed my toe (and I knew it was going to happen and I still left something sitting out :woman_facepalming:t3:) this morning so that might impact what I do.

I’ve done a few 100k and 100mi and been able to ride the trainer an hour the next day no problem but I do think it matters where you are in terms of riding time etc. I’ve been training consistently for over a year now and since March putting in 5 days a week, over 100 mi a week on the trainer. Also probably depends on how much you’ve already ridden this week and where you are in terms of this week’s workouts. If they’ve been tough you might not want to do the whole 100k Sunday. And when you last had a rest day.

1 Like

I might try both. I feel like it would be a good stress relief. I also feel like I could use some team bonding with everything thats been going on with our team.

2 Likes

@Reneea2002 I’m leaning towards the race tomorrow just to get points for the team and then my usual Catrina’s Sun am ride and maybe pop on discord to cheer the ladies on during the 100k.

I did the :100: km Rapha ride yesterday with my IRL group.
About 22 women of all ages and ability.
We did it a day early as 6th September is Father’s Day in Australia

4 Likes

I hope you all have fun Monday! Take lots of pictures and you had better share some stories too!

1 Like

I think it is 10 AM tomorrow at the Starbucks in the Plaza Del Lago shopping center. Is that right?= @Coach_Theia, @Reneea2002 and @NUGirl?

1 Like

That is correct! I will send you all an email with more details and my cell number!

1 Like

I’ve got everything ready - except the water bottles - i even took the bike out for a short spin today :flushed:

3 Likes

I had such a good time today! I see pics on Strava but i cant seem to download them. Can you guys share them here and Ill see if I can pull them down. Also feel free to connect on facebook if you’d like. My name is Renee Bowles.

3 Likes

It was so great riding with @PaleGail @Reneea2002 @reservoircat @NUGirl today!!! :heart::star_struck:

9 Likes

This is my setup that I was talking about today. I really like the rocker plate and feel like it helps. The climb on the other hand is fun but probably money not well spent. She is all hooked back up and ready for tomorrow’s workout.

4 Likes

Oh. My. God!!! @Reneea2002 you have the mixed tape bike!!!

Soooo jelly!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes