Oura Ring recs?

Anyone have it and can comment? https://ouraring.com/meet-oura
-Angie

I don’t have it but heard good things about it. In fact, have been meaning to look into it. I think it can be really helpful in understanding your own trends.

My only reservation is that I tend to feel the way the gadget tells me I should feel. I had a sleep tracking app and on the days I felt fine but the app said I had poor sleep, I started to feel tired. I know it sounds silly, but it’s a mental hurdle I need to learn to manage.

1 Like

I got an Oura ring 2 months ago and have been using it daily. I am finding the information very insightful. Here is what I was able to gather so far:

• I get better sleep on days that I eat protein before bed
  • I get more deep sleep (restorative/muscle-repairing) on the days that I either have OFF training or have an easier training day
  • No caffeine after 2 PM and no electronics 30 min-1h before bed = better sleep
  • My heart rate variability and resting heart rate show nicely how on the days I train very hard or have a long ride my body gets tired and it affects my “readiness” to train on the next day
  • My sleep is not as good and has lots of interruptions on the days leading up to my period. My body temperature is higher also on those days.
2 Likes

@Coach_Theia - do you think Oura would be open to a team discount? :pray:
-Angie

@adm0629 I can try!

2 Likes

@adm0629 I finally heard back from Oura and they do not offer a group discount. They have a Black Friday special going on, but it only applies to their most expensive ring so not really savings IMO

1 Like

@Coach_Theia does Oura do something different from an Apple Watch?

Yes- it is much more precise for HR, HR variability, sleep quality, stages of sleep, readiness to train and
body temperature. Check out their website.

Ok thanks!

Here is a link for $50 OFF the Oura ring:

https://ouraring.com/discount/59c650ed1f

1 Like

Ordered! Thank you!

1 Like

Whaaat?!! That’s outstanding!! :purple_heart:
-Angie

I think only 3 or 4 people can use it, so if you want it, go for it @adm0629!!!

1 Like

Hi Coach Theia,

Thanks for the “possible” use of your coupon code. I’m still debating but will most likely make the leap/purchase.

1 Like

@vmwdiscern I use it mostly to track sleep and “readiness”. I keep “behaving” because I want good scores :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I realize that this is an item that I’ll put to good use considering that my sleeping habits are trash!

1 Like

@Coach_Theia - I got the green light! Just need to put in the order, tonight! I have just a simple silver wedding band - will it look okay to just replace it with the Oura? How long does it take to recharge it, that it would be off my finger? Really really looking forward to it - thank you so much for investigating a discount!
-Angie

recharge is super quick- 30 min or less. One charge lasts me about 4 days. The ring is a bit thick, I take it off to ride my bike and do strength. I know people use it in the ring finger. I use it in the middle finger. They will send you sizes to try - use their samples and use it overnight- it’s exactly how the ring will feel.

1 Like

Ordered! Finally. Thank you! :purple_heart:
-Angie

1 Like

So, thinking about either oura or whoop - my Garmin watch doesnt seem to give me what i wish it would with HR and fitness - it hasn’t updated VO2 max since the middle of Jan - i know @Coach_Theia really likes the oura ring - do you not mind it when you ride/race? I’m so used to not wearing rings during exercise -
Not sure if anyone here has whoop - what I’ve seen is people that have either really like what they have and to some extent its about what you prefer to wear… so before i pull the trigger to order something thought i would check in to see if anyone has additional thoughts