Power meter recommendations cranks vs pedals

Cove, I have a pair of Assiomas Uno I put a spd (xpedo) body on. It’s a hack, google assioma favero spd hack :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you Silje!

Hey folks - bumping this up to see if there are any new recs or if anyone has heard of ot tried this: https://velocomp-llc.myshopify.com/products/powerpod-v3-power-meter

I have always done my training on my indoor trainer and love outdoor group rides, but I need to head to CA to care for a sick parent and can’t fly the whole set up out with me. I’ve got a bike shop who is renting me a bike but now I need a power meter and computer! All help welcome!!!

@TCita I had never heard of this PM, looks interesting. It uses wind and speed to calculate power, so placement is important. Have you read this review from DC Rainmaker? Quite useful:

1 Like

I have this power meter on my gravel bike and I’ve not yet perfected it’s calibration yet. Pretty frustrating. I don’t often care too much about power when I’m on my gravel bike so it’s not that big of a deal to me. But if it were my primary bike that I trained on it would be a big no go for me. Some rides seem to have super accurate power that I believe and then other rides I end up getting data that is 1000+ watts for the whole ride. And while I would love it to think I could output that kind of power, I know it’s not at all realistic! :rofl:

3 Likes