Standing intervals on the trainer - proper form

Hello All! As promised, here is a brief video demonstrating the proper form when doing standing intervals on the trainer. Please post any questions/comments below!

4 Likes

@sjelinski @PaleGail

Thanks @Coach_Theia!!! I tried to think about what you said in this while doing the 5.3.3 workout today - its going to take awhile to master for sure - but it was really helpful! i still need to also work on smoothing out my pedaling while standing too

1 Like

It takes a lot of practice… so keep at it and you will master it before you know it!

1 Like

Yes!!! Awesome @sjelinski!!

Today, Theia and I were doing standing, 1’ VO2 intervals with power changes and shifting. Afterwards, I was looking at Theia’s power control. It is pretty impressive. The start of the effort does not spike, and the transition does not drop. Not much to change here.

3 Likes

Niiiice job @Coach_Theia! Your interval drills are helping us in mastering our power control, but I’ve got nothing like that! Super impressive! Hope you’re enjoying your Thanksgiving!

Thanks @Betsylink I started from not being able or knowing how to stand on the bike, like everyone else. What you see in this video is a result of 2 solid years of standing work done several times a week. Like everything new, it takes time and I hope this video is helpful in showing body position and shifting. I am able to climb better and use standing to vary power output and recruit different muscles to go longer with less fatigue.

3 Likes

Thank you for the video!

1 Like