What is your main cycling or triathlon event/race for the year?

No… It was fun, but really it’s just a long ride. I am shifting focus and targeting shorter (and harder) events to keep things interesting. I am told that I have to either arrive a week earlier to acclimate, or arrive the day before to trick the body before it realizes what’s going on :laughing:

1 Like

I’m looking to sign up for a few sportives but my main focus is the Prudential Surrey 100; I took up cycling at the end of 2016 when I lost my Dad to cancer - I rode the Surrey 100 last year in memory of my Dad and raised lots of money for his cancer charity. It was a really emotional time and I had so much focus on my Dad that I didn’t get to experience the event for what it was. This year I want to do it for myself and enjoy the experience.

7 Likes

Ian you’re nuts :wink:

1 Like

Well done you Michelle, I did it last year but it’s a one off with the logistics of it all.

1 Like

My A race this is Tulsa Tough. Three days of crit racing, never been there before so it’ll be an experience either way I come up at the end of the weekend. There are smaller races leading up to that but that’s the big one for me this year. Also maybe trying to defend my title as national gravel champion in April.

4 Likes

Wow, well done Champ

Nah. Merely indicates lack of any form of sense. Half the legs and lungs and half the brain power … lol

That’s awesome … go Ian !!

Sweet. Smash it. Sounds like a pretty nice ride.

Not racing under their real names!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Shh…don’t tell CVR about that!

1 Like

did you smoke him?

Wow! Sounds like some pretty ambitious and exciting events planned. Not for me this year. The last two years were pretty energetic so I’m having an off-year and doing the back-to-basics thing. I’ll probably do one or two local standard distance tri’s just to keep my hand in.

1 Like

I was thinking of doing RAMROD or the Tour of Park City, but I think I’m going to do The Punisher instead. The last 7.5 miles climbs Powder Mountain which is listed as number 12 in the U.S. according to PJAMMcycling.com.

http://extramileracing.com/index.php/cycling/punisher-ride/

2 Likes

I want to do Mt. Evans one of these days. I considered the Memorial Climb, but it is just a bit further than I wanted to travel this summer. Maybe next year I’ll take an entire week to go over there so that I can do Pikes Peak as well.

1 Like

Hi all, i joined the Kraken club to race for ODZ in the Uk,first year racing like Andy J,I’m 43 and want to prove people wrong about being 40ish. First race in March, lots to learn but looking forward too it. P.S does anyone know When ODZ is registered with British Cycling can we time trial also. Maybe the pyrenees later in the year.
Some very inspirational people on the forum.

7 Likes

Hi Gary,

BC club application is ongoing. I don’t believe it would be an issue to race any BC sanctioned TT, but we have struggled to get a club registered with the main TT racing body the CTT, as part of their commitment to sign up as a club was to agree to run a local TT event. Which it is not really possible for us to do.

What part of the country are you based in? What races are you targeting?

Hi Andy, I’m based in Derbyshire near Matlock, to fit around work there are crit races in the Midlands. I like to travel so may pack my van and travel around to other races. I have held off getting a race licence, so i can register as an ODZ rider. I was thinking of posting on ODZ to see if in the summer, we could get an IRL ODZ uk ride somewhere, if people could make one, But as i’m fairly new didn’t know what response it might get.

1 Like

I just want to do ALL the things… So I am, ha. Mostly, for fun.

Canyonlands half marathon, Moab
Cycling camp w my team, Moab
Several Sprint tri’s - one off-road/SUP, maybe Xterra’s
A few TTTs, MTB race or two
Big backpacking days

Big push is for the local cyclocross circuit, Boulder

• First season racing 40+ against all types of champions. Just trying not to be DFL.

-Angie

7 Likes

Angie- this will be an exciting season. Even better when doing it for fun, no pressure.

I am doing Rasputista in April. This year I am doing a few endurance gravel races and xc mountain bike racing in New England. I have a 65 mile mountain bike race in August. Still putting my race schedule together with my husband and friends. Our motto is “Fit, Fun, Finish!”

2 Likes