What is your main cycling or triathlon event/race for the year?

Try the Donnelly PDX or MDX. They stand for Portland and Mud. The pdx can be run on all surfaces. Probably one of the best all around tires if you could only have one set of cross tires. MDX great for mud courses like you had on week #2 of cross. We have 3 sets of tubular zipp wheel sets in our garage just for cross. (Courtesy of oldest son.). He now owns 2 more sets of clincher wheelsets for cross. It’s nice having a son who works at a bike shop. :wink:

exciting times!
Of course there’ll be pictures?

Linda- I had the Donnelly PDX on my CX bike before last week’s race and it was great in the mud! I had to run it tubular, but was still able to get down to 30 psi. I heard you can go even lower on tubless- but I had no issues with all that mud at 30 psi.

1 Like

And just like that, the debut of my CX bike goes to crap. I’m down sick. Felt crappy yesterday and didn’t get better by today. This is why people shouldn’t have to endure temperatures below 60 degrees F. Next weekend I will get two races in, at least.

Oh no @anon30517170! Hope you feel better soon!

1 Like

@anon30517170 Rest, rest, and get well quickly. I was at a meeting on Thursday and 3 people were coughing around me. It seems colds are starting early this year.

1 Like

CX race #3 in the books, and just like that, Cyclocross became my main cycling event(s) of 2018 without any planning. I never thought I’d like it so much. I had my biases about how awful it would be to get off the bike and do some of the crazy things people do in CX. Just shows how trying new things can open a completely new path.

5 Likes

Who mounts in the middle of the course? You should have plowed that one racer over or at least thrown an elbow. Ridiculous.

1 Like

Yearly Turkey Trot Run is in the books. Run is in the shape of a turkey.
07%20AM

7 Likes

I like it. Very cool.

2 Likes

I was reminded by the weather here today–1 C and drizzling–that my event is 19 weeks away!! I’ve ridden it before in similar conditions; hoping for better in 2019. Here’s a nice shot that popped up on my social media today:

@anon30517170 I think you would be particularly inspired by these conditions.

4 Likes

I love it! My type of race. The racers are too clean.

3 Likes