Zwift Racing League Fall 2020

Thanks @franklim although Tuesday’s race wasn’t the best for me sadly. It started well, I got out of the pen with the first group and stuck with them, drafting towards the back hoping to save some energy as I knew that my first race as a newbie Cat C would be tough.

Unfortunately about five minutes in I looked up at my screen and saw that I had no watts, no cadence and no HR readings on my screen - my devices had all lost connection with Zwift. So I had to stop to get them paired back up and when I restarted I was about five minutes behind the lady who was furthest back.

So basically I did 95% of the race on my own like a solo TT!

By the end However I was able to make up that time and overtake two riders on the volcano so I didn’t come dead last!

I was determined to Just finish because I had it in my head that everyone who finished got a point for the team.

6 Likes

I had so much fun coaching my team tonight in the TTT. Each one gave it their all. It was beautiful to watch, and I am inspired.

My workout today felt good. I am riding the Thursday TTT, so I will use it as my VO2 workout this week.

4 Likes

It’s great that everyone gets at least 1 point in the Community races @Tracyligemagreen . It’s a bit disheartening in the Invitationals to not get anything. On the other hand, I am loving the experience of racing and seeing tactics/strategies from the pro teams. It’s inspiring!!

@Debbie huge kudos for jumping into that TTT!!! How many more races did you do last week?

@bkolden and @kellynoelharman as my mom always said… “teaching is learning” so cool you are helping your teams.

I took this week off ZRL to participate in the “National Championships” that my coach organized for his athletes.

3 Likes

Did the ZRL TTT last night and had a great time! My team is a B team racing against A teams so our goal was to keep together and go as fast as we could. We had a rough start out of the gate because one person’s trainer had fallen asleep during our 4 minute wait. She didn’t know it would do that so had not thought to use the pairing screen to keep pedaling while we waited. Two of the group are newly minted Bs and they really pushed themselves, so proud of them! Me and one other person were the strongest out of the 5 of us so we did a majority of the pulls. Since it was a shorter course and my legs were fresh and felt really good, I didn’t mind all the extra pulling, I still managed to get plenty of breaks. I have no idea how we placed because WTRL’s website is still down because all the increased traffic to the site. Here’s my timeline from the race.

TTTRace

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: October Discussion

Go Stefanie! I love your energy and enthusiasm!

2 Likes

@Stefanie Interesting how we can clearly see your pulls at around threshold and drafting in medium zones, just like an over/under workout!

2 Likes

@Stefanie I’ve just found you on Zwift
You nailed it with your pulls :clap: :grinning: Unlike my race card where I slogged it from start to finish. :grimacing:
I did get an ftp increase but somehow I don’t think that’s the name of the game when doing TTTs.
I get to have another go tonight in the WTRL Team Time Trial. Good luck in your race and I look forward to hearing about how you did. :hugs:

1 Like

Thanks @ronyiigibbs and @Debbie! TTTs are so much more fun than a lonely TT :grinning: Have fun tonight in your TTT Debbie!

Heh, @Coach_Theia, it was a lovely over/under sort of race, putting the workouts into practice! :grin:

2 Likes

@Stefanie Thanks.
I’m trying not to think about it. :rofl: The request came this morning and was a bit of a shock. All I can do is step forward and do my best for the team.

1 Like

I am finally enjoying TTT because I am not in over my head. The team asked me to captain this week, which is so funny. I can barely breathe during the TTT, let alone direct the action. We had a respectable time even though we soft-pedaled for half a lap waiting on a teammate.

4 Likes

Behind this week - i ended up racing on our AW C team for the TTT this week since I’m the weakest C on the AE C team and i really wanted to TTT on RGV. We ended up with only 5, our 6th couldn’t get there at the last minute, and there were only 2 teams in our pen. We were the +1 and the other team +2 but about 30 sec or so after the banner, one of their riders went, then another 10 sec or so later and then the 3rd and their 4th started when we did! It actually was a little distracting and it took us a few min to get situated. My goal as I was still the lowest w/kg of the 5, was to stick with them through the QOM and make it to the twisties and stay with them as long as I could without holding them back. I did a few pulls but not like our strongest ladies but I stuck with them to the finish! We all had the same time (minus the hundredths of seconds difference) and I officially catted up to a full-fledged C!

6 Likes

Congrats @PaleGail on your official upgrade!!

So glad you are having fun wiht TTT, @kellynoelharman!! Much deserved!

2 Likes

@PaleGail well done on the upgrade xx

1 Like

Oh wow!!! @PaleGail great news and well done on becoming a C

:+1: :sunglasses: :trophy:

1 Like

Congrats @PaleGail for the new Cat!

1 Like

Awesome @PaleGail!!

1 Like

Congratulations @PaleGail on newly minted Cat C! :+1::star2::blush::cake::cake::cake:

1 Like

Thanks everyone!!
Sorry I missed the Q&A today - hope you all had a great chat!

Yes Congrats!

1 Like