Zwift teams how to pick

Hello ladies ive seen several posts on facebook lately about joining racing teams. Im curious if you guys are associated with a team. If you are can you tell me why you picked the one you did and if you still like it? I LOVE zwift and i like the idea of being a part of a motivational and helpful community.

2 Likes

Hi @Reneea2002! I joined Revolution Velo Racing (REVO) a few months ago. After first doing a lot of their group rides, I was taken with how uniformly positive and supportive their ride leaders were. This led me to join their fb Fans page, and to investigate a bit more about their racing team. I had only done a few Zwift races during the Academy, and was intrigued by how doing more of this might further my fitness goals while adding a new dimension to cycling. One very appealing quality of REVO is “acceptance” for who you are as a person, and whatever level you are as a cyclist. The fastest member of our team encourages me every bit as much as teammates riding with me in CAT D! Hope this helps, feel free to ask any more questions here or directly.

3 Likes

Second REVO. Been part of the team since it’s inception. Very supportive and willing to help. There are a few basic requirements (after the initial questions/stats verification you need to complete 1 Zwift power listed event a month).

Besides the on-line support we support each other in the races. This is especially true for the team ones and how we work as a team to hit goals. Check out a few of our rides (I’m leading the sub 1.5 on 12/13 btw).

3 Likes

@Reneea2002 I joined the Velocity Vixen team. It was started as a women’s team but we now have a “Fox” team. I like the women of this group. I’ve enjoyed their rides and the supportive nature of all of them. We are quite a global team. I like the men in the team. They are just respectful and we all get along.
I do have “friends” on other teams such as REVO, ZSUN and a few others.
My advice is do some rides with the teams/groups. See who YOU gel with. In the end, during rides and races, we all help each other and get to know each other.

2 Likes

I would also like to add that the team is run within a set of established and posted rules that were developed with input from members. We have elections every 6months (I believe) for specific functions and put things to a vote. You can be involved or not as much as you wish.

Thanks this has been helpful.

Hi @Reneea2002, another REVO person here. Here is a list of Zwift teams with links to their team pages/websites: https://zwiftpower.com/team.php

There are lots of teams! If you haven’t already, you might also want to join the Ladies Zwift Racing and Zwift Ladies only Facebook groups. And like the others mentioned, go on some group rides and races sponsored by the various teams to get a sense of which one might feel right for you.

1 Like

I am member of ZRG because it is german :grin:and it is more easy for me to understand what they are writing :see_no_evil: we have a facebook group too.
We organised 2 girls rides per week and every monday I am leader or sweeper at the ZRGirls Ride. We do have participants from all over the world.
We will have 3 girls teams in real live race, Cyclassics in Hamburg next August.

2 Likes

@Coach_Theia, I love the honesty about your race! I just joined ZSUN women’s racing team and, while I’m over the moon excited to get into this foray with such a solid group, I’m also nervous about performing well and honoring the team. So I appreciate your feedback because it helps to ground me and my expectations.

2 Likes

How cool that you joined a team @Betsylink ! I have no doubt that you will be a fantastic addition to ZSUN (or any team), solely based on your wish to perform well and honour the team! The fact that you are excited and care, tells me you will give your best. So I would not worry too much- get out there and be yourself! On the fitness side, you have nothing to worry about either, as you are joining an amateur team with (I am sure) a wide range of abilities.

And because this is an amateur virtual team, unless there are leaders with unrealistic expectations, the only stress and pressure that you feel will probably be coming from yourself… So ask yourself that question periodically… “Is this what the team explicitly and specifically expects from me, or is this an assumption/inference I am making or a self-imposed expectation?”

And of course, if the team’s expectations are a cause of stress or are deviating from where you want to go, then it’s not the right match for you.

Good luck!! I hope it works out!

3 Likes

@Coach_Theia‘s response is perfect! When I first joined REVO, I made a few comments about not being fast enough, not wanting to “let the team down” with a poor race performance, etc. Was quickly put in my place in a lovely way, reminded that it’s about taking part and supporting the team. We all matter! So I can’t add anything to Theia’s perfect reply other than enjoy yourself, challenge yourself, as long as it feels fulfilling!

3 Likes