Avocado ideas please!

Sadly, at over 40, I have only just discovered avocado! :flushed: and I only discovered it because I decided to give it to my 8 month old as it makes great healthy finger food! So she was eating it before me! :flushed:
Anyway, now I’ve fessed up, can anyone give me ideas of how to eat it! It’s sooooo tasty! Anyone have any favourites they can share?
:avocado::avocado::avocado::avocado::avocado::avocado::avocado::avocado::avocado::avocado:

1 Like

Avocado toast, you can do it all sorts of ways but here’s a basic one: My Go-To Avocado Toast | Minimalist Baker Recipes

Also, just slice it up and put it on a veggie sandwich. It is super easy to make it into a salad dressing. And it can even be used to make a yummy chocolate mousse dessert Avocado Chocolate Mousse - TWO Recipes!

1 Like

Wow chocolate mousse! :scream: I’m definitely trying that and will let you know how it goes! Thanks @Stefanie :blush::avocado:

1 Like

You can also sub an avocado as mayonnaise for Tuna fish sandwiches or chicken salad (diced chicken, celery, grapes, onion, etc) sandwiches or wraps (using lettuce).

You can crack an egg in the center of one and cook it in the oven similar to this: Paleo Baked Eggs in Avocado Recipe

Mix it into a hummus!

Yum!

1 Like

Love avocados!! These recipes/ideas above are awesome! I too use avocado on almost everything, and it has definitely become my “new mayo”. The chocolate mousse idea that @Stefanie posted can also be used as cake “frosting”!

Growing up in Brazil the avocados were huge and sweet, so they were used mostly for desserts. Cream of avocado, avocado shakes, etc. It wasn’t until I moved to the US that I tried the smaller avocados in salty recipes.

2 Likes

OMG @Coach_Theia! I have never thought of using the avocado mousse as cake frosting! I usually make a cashew “cream” frosting but will definitely give the avocado a try sometime.

2 Likes

Oooo I’m liking the egg idea! Thanks! :avocado::avocado::avocado:

Go eat it! add a bit of protein with it and it is a great snack before bed!

1 Like

You have turned into an avocado maniac @jackie.delph! :grin:

2 Likes

I fell asleep! But I’m having it for breakfast :rofl:

2 Likes