Bike Fit Report - the before and after

So I bought a bike! On the rainiest Sunday ever. I didn’t intend to buy - just to look but it all fell together and like all of you said …it just felt right. MY ‘ex -racer’ friend from Liv cycling came along and was an invaluable resource. I settled on a Specialized Roubaix Comp. I went down a size from my old bike and what a difference that made! I felt so connected to the bike and not so stretched out. It was responsive and tight.

What a thrill to pedal and actually go somewhere…even if it was through a puddle. I did a wide turn in the parking lot and what with my hood on, cycling in rain boots and NOT STEERING for a long time now, I have to say I kind of felt a little like someone learning to ride a bike again. Glad I didn’t fall over as I turned, that would have been a real bad move. I’m heading to pick it up tomorrow and get fitted for a seat via the ‘assometer’ :laughing: What a name!
Next thing to decide is pedals but for now I’m going to just put my old ones on it if the weather clears up and take it out. More decisions ahead…a good problem to have :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Congratulations on the new bike @kswhite! You must share photos after you get it all set up and bring it home! :tada:

1 Like

NEW BIKE DAY!!!
We are traveling, and I found a gravel bike I love. It was going to be next spring before I could get a Diverge. This is a great bike, all the same components, and was comfortable. We put road tires on it for the trip, but I will get the gravel tires back on it soon.
It is a Salsa Warbird, now I need to name her. Open to suggestions.

8 Likes

Wow!!! Congrats Kelly!!! That bike is super nice. I love the look of it and I’m sure it is a rocket ship! :rocket::fire::rocket::fire:

Congrats! Looks pretty! Which model is it? Why did you want the Diverge?
I’m about to go get a Cannondale Topstone gravel bike. All my lady biking friends are riding gravel and I’m missing out. I’ve hardly done any research but my first bike was a cannondale, (second is a trek) so the geometry will likely work (they’ve checked but I have to test ride), the price is on the lower end (which is important since I’m not sure how much I’ll love gravel or ride it) and it is available NOW at my trusted local bike shop. I never buy anything without tons of research so I’m a little nervous.

1 Like

Fabulous bike @kellynoelharman! Several years ago when I was looking for a gravel bike I tried Salsa and Surly but neither of them had frames that fit me which was super disappointing. I got a Felt and love it, but still ogle the Salsas! Names are always fun. You could go with something like cilantro or spicy like chipotle. Or you could be inspired by a salsa dance song or salsa singer. Or you could go the bird route for a name. So many possibilities! :smile:

1 Like

Noice set of wheels @kellynoelharman!
Warbird, bluebird?

I tested the Diverge and loved it. The one I tried did not have the components that I wanted. This one fit well and had everything I wanted. I have read good things about the Cannondale Topstone.

2 Likes

Chip (& Salsa) :rofl:

1 Like

@kellynoelharman Pretty color. Are those wheels 700s or 650s?

Tires are 700x35

1 Like

@kellynoelharman YOU ARE STYLIN’ I love how your bike just blends in so beautifully with the tones of the 360 Velo kit…and those gloves! :star_struck:I love her - she’s a beauty.

I agree - the name needs to be something spicy, sexy to go with salsa. ( Sally Salsa…Sadie…I like the alliteration!) How about another dance name like Tango - “I’m trekking and tearing around on Tango” or …“Rhumba - riding and rolling on my Rhumba” NOT to be confused with the vacuum though :rofl:

When you find one that fits FOR YOU you’ll know. Enjoy!

2 Likes

@kellynoelharman love that bike!! Excited for you!!

What a beauty @kellynoelharman!!! Both you and the new bike!!! :star_struck:
So excited for you!! Have a wonderful trip and share lots of pictures!!!