Calling all Challenge Participants! Let's keep building your fitness and skills!

thanks thats great!

1 Like

Just joined! Super excited @Coach_Theia!

1 Like

Hi @hollybw I will message you directly!

@Betsylink thatā€™s so great!!! Will email you shorlty.

I have the plan and will start on Nov 11 as well. My SI is still bugging me and now my knee is screaming for a few rest days. Gave in and made a Dr appt to look at my knee.

I have a question and im not sure if this is the right place to put it. I love doing workouts. I do one almost everyday. I get off the bike after 60ish minutes feeling great. This morning i did the special giro ride and it was super hard. Any ideas why ā€œfreeā€ riding is harder than a workout?

I am in. I really benefit from the structure and I am working to lose some weight so this will help me keep accountable! I will sign up now!

I just joined but I couldnā€™t find the email you sent so I didnā€™t use any links - - just FYI in case that matters in determining the first month discount amount for challenge participants.

I plan on doing the very basic level for a few months and then if my life settles down, I want to race the US qualifier for the Brompton world championship in London - - I have no aspiration to get on the podium and punch a ticket for London that way, just to have fun and do my best. I think this coming year the Brompton qualifier might be part of the Sea Otter Classic - - I love otters so I thought ā€œI otter have that as a goal!ā€

1 Like

Hi @Coach_Theia! I forgot about this option of coaching. can you give an example of what type of feedback you give? Iā€™ve been really dragging lately and I donā€™t know if I can do anything other than ā€˜keep on keeping onā€™ā€¦
-Angie

1 Like

@Reneea2002 please post a link to your file and I can take a look, but usually on these rides/events in Zwift you might be riding harder without much rest. During the workouts there is rest between intervals. Rides on Zwift are a constant grind, as there is no coasting/cornering/stopping like you have outside. There is also a tendency to go harder in group rides on Zwift to keep up with others.

@reservoircat really looking forward to working with you! Iā€™d be happy to support you achieve those goals. @Covi I believe participated in the Sea Otter this year, although she had an issue with her bike.

@adm0629 with the Premium membership I handle your schedule in TrainingPeaks for you, making changes as needed and I review your workouts and notes about the workouts to provide feedback on things to improve on, things you are doing well, and adjust the training as needed based on your feedback. Once a week feedback and plan manipulation (Premium option) or as many times as needed (Ultimate option). Happy to chat further!

1 Like

I wasnā€™t able to do any or the recovery workoutsā€¦ Life messed up, with many appointments and traveling after workdays etc. So I took the ā€˜recovery weekā€™ maybe a bit too literal as I didnā€™t touch my bike at all :joy:

I have learned a lot this month: from workouts without ERG on to reminders on the fact that I really need to work on my core stability, from learning new skills to being able to increase my rpm a bit, from gaining insight in different workout goals to getting some confirmation on where my strenghts are and where I ā€˜needā€™ to pay attention to.
But mostly, I learned to shift my focus. From just jumping into events and randomly doing things to thinking in a plan. Knowing why I choose a workout (or a rest day) over many of the events on Zwift. Thinking in training rather than riding etc. The mental things related to cycling/training and all other side-topics discussed this week were as valuable as the workouts.

I now have a new challengeā€¦ just as I thought I had some kind of structure and an idea where I wanted to go with myself this winter, life tips and I got offered a really interesting job on the other side of the country that will require me to travel 250 km until I can move. Soooā€¦ more hours in the car, less time (and energy etc) to ride my bike. It will really be a challenge to keep consistency in my riding. Even more as exercising doesnā€™t really come naturally to me. Getting myself onto the bike (or into the gym or pool or whatever) is still a struggle. Once I get going itā€™s fineā€¦ but getting myself going is a challenge by itself.

Thank you @Coach_Theia for offering us this free plan, for all the other advice offered this month and for giving me a lot of food for thought. (posting here as the Womenā€™s challenge topics are private again, but I still wanted to share my experience and say ā€˜Thank youā€™).

1 Like

@Sjaan thank you so much for taking the time to put all this into words on a post. I am so glad the Challenge was a positive experience for you - this is hands down the reason I chose to be a coach, so thank you!

Change is good- change is great, actually- and I know it will require a lot of your energy. Transitions are never easy, but they are necessary to keep moving forward. I wish you all the best, do what you can when you can, it will actually be helpful to have exercise be a stable part of your life, some way or another, even if it is a walk. Hope you will stay in touch! You are always welcome to participate in the forum.

1 Like

I have an ā€œintakeā€ call today. The invite has a dial in #, but I also provided my cell #. Should I call into the dialin, or will you call my cell?

Hi @CandaceC I will call your cell. Looking forward to it!

Hey Theia did you put through the $10 credit for nov? I logged into my cc and i dont see it.

Hi @Reneea2002 yes, they have been processed. It took me a little while but itā€™s been done. It can take 5-10 days to show up on your credit card statement.