Can you really "boost" your immune system?

Very interesting perspective here. Made me rethink some of the supplements I am taking.

https://www.ted.com/podcasts/body-stuff-can-you-boost-your-immune-system-transcript

2 Likes

In what way @Coach_Theia? I take two supplements. Vit D and B 12.

I am not a fan of supplements for many of the reasons discussed. I do take a fairly high dose of vitamin B complex due to a vitamin B deficiency. I get plenty of vit Bs in my diet but I don’t seem to take it up well and taking the supplements has been effective. However, I would prefer not support the supplement industry, an industry that is notorious for dishonesty.

1 Like

This was an interesting read for sure @gosimrr it doesn’t sound like what you’re taking are supplements based on the definition used here. I am going to look at what’s really in the vitamin boost I use of course I just got more but still gonna look at it.the only other supplement type stuff I have is the Proze

@gosimrr I might take more vitamins than I need… I take a Performance Multi from a reputable brand, but maybe I don’t need it. I also take Proze, but that one I am not giving up because NODZZ helps me a ton (with sleep, recovery and overall stress)! I also know Sanjeev and he does all that third party testing… and NODZZ is not to “boost” the immune system anyway.

2 Likes

@Coach_Theia I agree I am not giving up my NODZZ ever!
I think if people eat a while food diet (I’m won’t push the plants) and hardly any processed foods, I think we can all get the vitamins we need.
I only take Vit D and the B12. I think my immune system is healthy because I don’t eat many processed foods. Only in moderation on occasion.

2 Likes

Not giving up Proze stuff either - i feel good about those products. I’m going to look at my Arbonne stuff mostly the multi-vitamin supplement since its called that. Another reason I’m not looking forward to going back to the office or major work travel is i have gotten used to making most of my own meals - i think I’ve eaten out or got takeout probably 10, maybe 15 times at the most, since March 2020 - and i know I’m eating much healthier.

2 Likes