Cycling Kit - STORE OPEN!

Would men’s sizing be a better option for me since I am a “pear” shape with big hips?

@bkolden these videos paired with the size charts I believe will be quite helpful for you:

Please look at the AERO fit:

https://www.pactimo-custom.com/pages/womens-cycling-jersey-fit-comparisons

3 Likes

Sweet!! Thanks again. Now I just need to order.

1 Like

@bkolden - - I think men’s typically have narrower hips relatively/proportionally speaking but would be larger elsewhere - - like longer legs and proportionally shorter torso? @vivian.a.workman has that been your experience?

Me - - based on what @PaleGail said about her Jackaroos maybe running LARGER than Pactimo (!) makes me think I will stick with a large on the shorts. I remember back in my superfit days with my much younger metabolism, I wore a small Pactimo kit - - and it fit but I also remember thinking that no matter how small I could get, my hip width wasn’t going to change and maybe I should try a medium and not stretch the team logo so much LOL. I am the same height as @Coach_Theia and weighed 120-125 in those years, and yet she is for sure a small and I distinctly remember thinking I should get mediums on the bottom…just further anecdotal evidence that height / weight is not as important as width in the sizing. Plus as someone who originally was a distance swimmer, I think I gravitated towards that as being my strongsuit since I have always had a higher body fat % for my size…open water distance swimming is the one sport where a little extra fat can be an advantage :wink: - - meaning that volume wise I am bigger than most people of the same height and weight…ha…and I weigh even more now…Anyways, I digress…If the videos don’t clear it up you might want to reach out directly to Pactimo…

5 Likes

Will the kit be available for purchase at a later date? I can’t purchase at the moment, but would love to support.

1 Like

@PaleGail do you have a Jackroo jersey for comaprison? And what size did you order in Starlight? I feel they ran small all around.

@Coach_Theia are the sleeves tighter, with grippers? I ahve a Pactimo but the sleeves are lose and I am not a fan. This jersey is aero fit?

1 Like

How does Pactimo compare to Primal?

Gulp… I just ordered a jersey and gloves. Excited but to be honest have never worn a jersy before because I don’t race outside and feel lumpy. lol. But I love the colors and they match my new outside bike and I have to support the 360Velo group!! :smiley:

5 Likes

Yes! I also dislike the lose sleeves. These fit nicely.

@bkolden yay! The colors and pattern are flattering, you won’t need to worry about feeling lumpy. Plus, I think you will find that it is much more comfortable to wear a jersey in rides- not to mention the aerodynamic advantage!!!

2 Likes

Thanks so much, just ordered the men’s jersey. Perfect timing for my birthday… :slight_smile:

1 Like

@bikechick666 :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

I don’t own any primal kits so can’t really help with the comparison @franklim

@franklim I wish I could be bigger help but here’s what I know. My Primal team race kit from last year, bib shorts and race jersey with grippers on sleeves, is Small and Medium, respectively. My Pactimo kits are a few years old, not with the newest style of grippers on bottoms, but all bottoms and jerseys are Small, but also not exactly race cut for jerseys and they don’t have the grippers on the sleeves. Bottom line - I’m ordering same sizes from Pactimo as I ordered from Primal - Small bibs, Medium race jersey. I despise too tight jerseys and you really have to be careful when those grippers are on the sleeves. I have normal upper arms and recently tried on a size Small race jersey and felt my arms were squeezed to death.
-Angie

@gosimrr for jerseys, my Starlight is a M and my Jackroo is a L — I definitely have room in the jakroo but its not an aero type fit for sure - the size charts for Pactimo are roomier than Starlight so that’s why i stayed with M - and its a good reason to keep eating healthy (ish) at home while working/staying home so I can continue to fit into my cycling kits :joy:

Just got an email from Castelli and my Suunto kit has shipped. Should be here Wednesday. Since pactimo first similar I will compare it to my primal REVO kit.

2 Likes

I’ve just ordered a jersey - couldn’t resist, it is very pretty :see_no_evil:

:heart_eyes:

ordered a jersey and gloves. I have a Rapha credit so hoping to pick up some bibs on sale there.

1 Like

Ok so here is a castelli mens podio 3xl over a primal women’s 3xl (my REVO Race cut women’s) Bit more room and longer sleeves but feels really good and is probably the best fit in my shoulders. Bibs aren’t in yet so I cannot comment.

3 Likes

Ordered. May have to cut the sleeves off to wear for triathlons

4 Likes