Eating Habit Challenge: Eating when hungry (the lucky #7)

I’m in too

Oh too bad I didn’t I didn’t read this an hour ago😝 yes, this is definitely something I need to work on. I ‘m a 6 right now

@Coach_Theia I’m probably going to be the exception to the rule here…
I sleep extremely well. I don’t remember the last time I had a bad night sleep.
I don’t restrict sugar/carbs at all during the day.
I rarely eat dinner at the same time so I don’t think there’s any correlation there. Some days I eat dinner at 6pm but some othe days I end up eating dinner at 10pm or anytime in between and as soon as I’m ready to chill and watch TV I want to eat something sweet

For me, the easiest way to not eat sweets at night is not having them at home and if they aren’t there I don’t crave them much but if I buy some I can’t help myself to only having a little bit of chocolate or ice cream. Sometimes I have yoghurt thinking it isn’t as bad as ice cream but I definitely eat it without being hungry :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Me too

Oh habits are hard to change @Covi. What if you make it a point to not watch TV a few nights a week and find something else to do to relax? Or, if you watch TV and get that sweet craving sub something like a plain banana or an apple or other fresh fruit for the sweets?

1 Like

Speaking of habits… I was told in the long past that I need to eat every 4 hours. Is that not still a “thing”? That is mainly a habit when I am at work.

@bkolden how often you eat is a matter of preference (or physical hunger cues as we are talking about here!). There is no need to eat at set intervals.

Fantastic! I will work on changing those habits!! This is all so great!

Make it a habit to brush and floss your teeth before chilling on sofa to watch tv. You won’t be wanting to eat afterwards, and you’ll be ready to go straight to bed after tv.

4 Likes

It was 7pm and I still had not hit a 7! I did have a snack at 3pm. So I ate. I didn’t have my evening snack tho. My workout was tough today but I didn’t sleep well so I think that was it. At least I’m hoping it was.

1 Like

I’ve tried this in the past and you are 100% right!! Once I brush my teeth I don’t want to eat anything else. I just need to make it a habit and do it right after dinner.

1 Like

I made it yesterday not having my usual snacks at work! I made sure I ate before workout and then just dinner after workout. So one day of success!! Yay! hehe

4 Likes

My morning “7” didn’t hit until 10:30 today, unfortunately I was stuck in a meeting and didn’t have the foresight to ensure I had breakfast ready…if it’s in the room with me I want to eat it regardless of my hunger number. So by 11:15 I was ravenous and practically inhaled a slice of gluten free toast

1 Like

Yesterday I only got to 7 for lunch. With a bike workout in the morning and strength workout later in the afternoon, I felt like I was eating on a schedule. Today is much better, but I am finding that I dislike the period when I am in between 5 and 7… I want to avoid the physical hunger at all costs. Working on it!!

I’m in.

1 Like

I now find myself having a conversation in my head asking myself if I’m really hungry. It’s certainly making me think more before I just grab food. This afternoon was another round of meetings so i took rice cakes into my little home office - just knowing they were there made me constantly think about them…they didn’t last very long :roll_eyes:

1 Like

This sounds like such a simple, but effective strategy. It’s also way harder than it sounds! I’m going to give it a go. A lot of my extra calories come from snacking when I’m stressed, or just thinking about a particular food that I think will make me happy. Right now I am thinking about a smashed avocado with salt and pepper on sourdough toast. But I’m only a 5 on the hunger scale so I’m going to wait a bit and sit with the hunger.

Lol me too. I want to eat because there is nothing velds to do. But I’m waiting. Maybe I’ll put my food in my app. :woman_shrugging:t2:

@Coach_Theia i could loose just a few pounds but I dont want to end up loosing strenght, so I have a few questions on this.

what is it we are after here? Can this cause that we are skipping meals or does it prevent nibbeling between meals?

By postponing meals, doesnt this mean we will eat the same but it wil all be skewed? And coukd it lead to silly eating because of blood sugar loss?
Iusually feel a lot of hunger in the morning and by lunch, and maybe around 4 after work, but rarely later. I am scared I will be mimic IM fasting, and I dont do well on that in the long run…

1 Like

Totally off the wagon today after I found the bacon vending machine and we spent the day out on the boat :joy:

3 Likes