Events and Races

Mahoosive congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations Silje!! I know you are excited, Iā€™m happy for you

1 Like

Wow! Overwhelmed. Thanks a lot all you wonderful inspirering people :slight_smile:

Ang congrats to @Swim-Bike-Run-Eat ! Awesome!

2 Likes

Fabulous result! Congratulations @Silje :+1::star2::star2::star2::tada:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Week 3 - Womenā€™s Cycling Challenge (8/20)

Congrats @Silje and @Swim-Bike-Run-Eat!!! What an accomplishment. Ride On. Rock On.!!

1 Like

wow. well done.

To all those racing the TdB this weekend, best of luck to you all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: this is going to be so much fun ( who am I kidding :rofl:)
I donā€™t ever remember racing 3 days in a row before :thinking: but am looking forward to the challenge. :muscle: :hot_face:

The only downside is, I canā€™t use my beloved Tron :sob:

3 Likes

@Debbie itā€™s going to be super hard! I am not going for podiums but rather team points.

Same here @Coach_Theia Iā€™m too slow :turtle: a B rider for anything else at the moment.

1 Like

Itā€™s a very tough life in the B Cat if you are racing Tour de Boudicca. Look at the results from todayā€™s race. Over half the field was above the cut off for the cat (3.69 w/kg). Wow. Problem is, racers donā€™t cat up unless they have that performance for 3 races within 90 days.

So if you are racing B, donā€™t be discouraged with your results. This is not a true B field.

It could also have something to do with it being a short, flat race, but still, just wow.

2 Likes

This I did not know. I can hold above the cat D in the crit city race and probaly could have done that today. But longer races I canā€™t. Perhaps this is the same? Just easier to do on a flat with a TT bike? :woman_shrugging: :woman_shrugging: :woman_shrugging: But I see what you are saying. It must be very frustrating for those that are truely in that cat.

1 Like

Maybe for some, definitely not for me. A flat TT is my worse nightmare. I also love crit city. Might be joining you after I recover from TdB!

Was that picture of 95%? Cats are based on 95% which I know you realize @Coach_Theia but yes all way strong almost As today

@Coach_Theia I spotted this after the race and for a split second was super disappointed. :weary: My first thought was, how the heck can I compete with riders who ride above category? :thinking: Well the answer is, I canā€™t. So I brushed myself down, shrug my shoulders and will continue to stick to the plan. ZP results donā€™t count on this occasion only the TdB. Iā€™m assuming some of these ladies results wonā€™t count in the final results otherwise, why have a cut off point? The lady who won the A cat was an A+ so it happens in all categories.

I actually enjoyed the race which means

1. Iā€™m naturally more attuned to them or :muscle:
  2. I wasnā€™t working hard enough :grimacing:

Well done @Coach_Theia and @PaleGail and to all the other ladies who raced. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Good luck to you all for today. 21 miles and 5 laps of sprinting :scream: :laughing:

2 Likes

Well done to all those in TDeB . :partying_face: my second time.
Iā€™m a D racer and racing for the team and this was my first ITT. Iā€™ve done a lot of racing just for the exhilaration and competition, although I rarely get placed! It is fun.
I really struggled with my motivation last night because I spent the whole race being overtaken by people. I did overtake a couple of D girls (my team mates!) but to be overtaken by about 400 women did my head inā€¦i thought I might enjoy iTT as Iā€™m a fairly strong steady rider. Is it always like this? Should I go do some of the races in Zwift to see?
Iā€™m sprinting tonightā€¦Lolā€¦but I know Iā€™ll be tired but happy at the end! Please donā€™t think me a moaner :kissing_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Well done all racing last night! @Coach_Theia I saw you come flying past me last night! @Jeapurs I agree itā€™s hard having all the categories in together like that so that you know youā€™re going as hard as you can possibly manage but some of those higher category ladies go past like Iā€™m standing still :flushed: they are super fast! I want to be like them when I grow upā€‹:rofl:

Last night I had a last minute change into D category as I spotted that Ny Zwiftpower category had changed down from C to D (almost C) but during the race I averaged 2.7w/kg so got immediately bumped back up to C!! I was top 10 in D but with my Tim and power would have been something like 127th in C because my 95% of 20 min power avg is 2.52 w/kg so I am only just scraping into C.

I either need to put on 5kg or not try so hard and stay in cat D :rofl: itā€™s depressing being so low in cat C!

4 Likes

Itā€™s so hard when you cat up @Tracyligemagreen! You go from being the top of your cat with high placement and maybe even a podium or two to being at the bottom of the new cat and feeling like you are barely hanging on. But you are there because you are getting faster! So keep at it in C, you will keep improving and soon you will be right back in the middle of the action :grin: :muscle:

3 Likes

I feel your pain! Iā€™m a light rider (should I say short as Iā€™m not slim :joy:) so averaged 2.5 W/kg (my FTP) in tdb and came 24th yesterday in D. Though Iā€™m worried with the short flat races Iā€™ll be bumped to C.

2 Likes