Events and Races

Well done everyone!! These races are super hard, even more so considering they bring in people from all around the world. I bet that if you were lining up at a local race IRL you’d not be up against so many strong racers.

I raced up a cat, as I have been doing all last season in the Premier League, so I got used to getting my butt kicked. Before then I was placing at almost every race in the USA Cycling League (B Cat). So I do have goals for my own “race within the race” and therefore I am able to have a sense of accomplishment and know I am not “just racing to race” - so ending up way down the A Cat is fine with me.

TTs suit certain riders and not others. As a Puncheur, TTs are definitely a struggle for me.

6 Likes

Yes I think goals within the race are the way to go for me, it’s going to be some time before I trouble the upper reaches of Cat C with their avg 3.5 W/kg!!

1 Like

Congrats to all who raced yesterday.
I know I mentioned it yesterday but don’t be discouraged about your placement, check Zwift power before the race and find a few who are at your ability to race against. In the large events a lot of it comes down to who was most efficient in their race execution. Race against them if you want to compete against someone.
And I saw that a bunch of B’s got upgraded (they always post an upgrade list the day after the race for these series which I think is great). It’s on Instagram. Those riders will need to cat up to continue forward.

6 Likes

That’s great advice, thank you!

Thanks for the thread, I’m now feeling happy about the prospect of maybe one day partying at the bottom of C! The majority of riders are partying somewhere that’s not in the points. I hear they are pretty awesome people in there!

Goodluck everyone today in Tdb.

5 Likes

I can feel the excitement just reading this! Better than the sports section in this mornings newspaper! Congrats everyone for what you have done and what you are doing. You are inspiration and motivation ! :man_biking:t2: :+1:t2:

4 Likes

I’m a solo rider trying to learn team racing (I struggle with staying with a pack because I continually get dropped & lose out on the draft advantage), so the TdB iTT was ideal for me! I focused on my planned avg w & my cadence, only to realize, too late, I probably could have managed more power. I was worried about blowing up, so stuck to my plan. I need to learn when to push & raise my bar! In the end, I was happy with my race… until I saw how low I was in placement😫 …But I’m taking that as a learning experience. Still difficult to see, and I’m so used to being at the bottom, so I have to readjust my effort going forward.

5 Likes

Hey @gammajmac i am in Team Rave and was not far in front of you…and some of my team mates were around you. I’ll look out for you tonight…Valden Bush.
Good luck to you and the rest of the racers tonight!
X

3 Likes

@VickyC I told you i can’t wait for you to join me to party at the low end of the C’s!!!
It is tough @Tracyligemagreen we both did really well in TdB 1 so i know your struggle. I will say though that now that I have officially catted to C, when i got dropped back because i was doing spa TTTs for a few weeks with no other races, that was more disappointing than coming in as the last C on my team yesterday. (Ok it helped that i hit a high 20m w/kg & 30m W & W/kg yesterday). I did a short 20 min race the day after Christmas just to try and push myself back up and when the ZP files FINALLY processed, it did the trick.

4 Likes

It is tough @PaleGail it really got me down when I first catted up. Plus at that time I recognise now I wasn’t doing great physically and after putting up with that for a few months I’m now on HRT and noticing a huge difference. In tonight’s race my goal was to try to stick close to a couple of ladies in my team who are just a bit higher than me in average power. Before Christmas I couldn’t get near them in scratch races and was being dropped by them in TTTs. Tonight I was right there in the mix with them. Very pleased with how I did :+1:

5 Likes

Man O man that second race was so hard and really fast. The minute I set off my legs were like, What the hell are you doing!!! :rofl:
I tried to stay with the front group but my lungs were busting :sweat_smile: so settled in with the second group.
I did try for one sprint but soon realised I was wasting valuable air which I sorely needed in order to just finish the race.

Well done to all who raced :revolving_hearts: @Coach_Theia I saw on strava your sprinting. :clap: :smiley: :muscle: :smiley: :ok_hand:

Now on to the hills and Casse - Pattes :heart_eyes:

I would like to think I will do better on this race as being a light rider I should in theory find it easier but the way my legs are screaming at me this morning, I’m not so sure :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Well done all! I’m a D rider but chose to ride up a category. Based on the numbers today I may have done quite well in D but I prefer the challenge of racing with stronger riders.

I found the TT ok but it wasn’t my favourite. I really enjoyed the race today and was really happy with my result.

I’m feeling nervous for tomorrow morning! I have trouble pacing myself in longer races so my goal is to find a rhythm and do my best to hold it for as long as I possibly can.

Well done everyone and good luck for next and final race :clap:

4 Likes

It was a pleasure cycling with you! Well done by the way! I had been looking after our sprinters and found myself cycling in a group and there you were. Good luck tonight :clap::clap::muscle:

1 Like

Well done yesterday everyone!! I’m still struggling with who everyone is on Zwift vs the forum :joy: looks like I almost caught up to you @Tracyligemagreen :flushed: you are a C lady never sell yourself short on that! Congrats on sticking with the stronger riders yesterday!

1 Like

It would be great if we had a form that showed our name on the forum, Zwift and Strava. I like following my 360Velo group

3 Likes

@Gossimrr that’s a great idea!

If it’s hard for you, imagine for me, who needs to keep track of names here, on website registration, Today’s Plan, Zwift… :exploding_head: I’ve considered asking people to use something that relates to their real name in their forum user names…

3 Likes

@PaleGail thank you :pray: for your words of encouragement. Not sure how race three will go, legs feel dead right now! Currently preparing by relaxing on the sofa with feet up, knitting :yarn: and Netflix

3 Likes

The thing to keep in mind before today’s race is… everyone has tired legs. You and your competition! Remember that when it’s hurting for you- it’s hurting for them too!

@Debbie thank you. Yesterday was my “kind of race” with the sprints and I ended up getting prime points in 3 of them.

5 Likes

I also tell myself that this will end soon. I hope it works today! Good luck everyone.

I’d love to change my name here. I also think I have two accounts from two emails. :woman_shrugging:I usually choose gosimr because "christina, Chris, is always taken when a site asks me for a user name.

1 Like