Fall and Winter Cycling Gear

This is my first winter cycling. I expect to go outside until it’s around 30 degrees. Not so much worried about rain or snow proof. What are your favorite jackets/coats/base layers/gloves. I’m ready to invest!

1 Like

Anything Assos! I know it’s pricey, but their stuff lasts a lifetime. I love how they make super thin jackets, shells that have excellent insulation and their layering system for gloves. Pretty much everything I have from Assos is from the outlet site below. They don’t always have everything or every size, so I visit the site often and when I see something I will use/need, I buy even if it the stuff is going to be used in months from now.

https://www.bikezaar.com/pages/assos-outlet

I recently got a great deal on some midweight Garneau fleece tights and I love them. I have worn them on my bike commute a few times now when it was in the upper 30s and they are toasty warm, will definitely make it to around freezing without any additional layers. I also have a long sleeve Craft base layer I got a deal on too that is plenty warm under a windbreaker in the 50s and under a waterproof rain shell in the upper 30s without any additional layering.

3 Likes

I like Specialized arm and leg warmers, and Pearl Izumi arm warmers. I love my Rapha thermal bib and winter socks. Assos wool socks are also good. Gore thermal jackets are my favorite jackets. And for the coldest days, Fizik Artica boots keep my feet toasty warm and Pear Izumi lobster gloves are best for my hands.

1 Like

I like Craft. I can use for both cross country skiing and cycling. and they have Tall sizes (which for me is needed)

Thanks for all the recommendations about gear! I ended up with a jacket from Craft and base layers from Second Skin.

I will be watching the Ossos site for future bargains!

2 Likes