Oura Ring recs?

Thank You, @PaleGail! I was wondering what was going on but haven’t had the chance to look into it. Grrrrr

I have not had any problem, but I use my apple health to sync

1 Like

No update yet @adm0629 I’ll keep checking and post if it changes

1 Like

@adm0629 i just got this “update”
Strava’s connection with Google Fit is in review and we expect it to be approved soon.

I guess that’s a step up from “we have no idea when it will be fixed” :joy:

1 Like

Hey @Coach_Theia @adm0629 did you catch Oura dropped a Oura3 advance today? As current subscribers we can get $50 off in the next 2 weeks to preorder - and once the new version goes in - they are going to a $6/mon membership fee. - but with the preorder as a current customer, free lifetime membership - you know I’m thinking about it - lots of new cool stuff coming with the new ring :face_with_monocle:
According to email i just saw membership does not apply to current Oura ring, only new rings but if you move to the new ring after this preorder time, you would also pay the membership fee

I ordered a new one! I thought the new stuff was worth it…

1 Like

That’s what I am thinking!

1 Like

I’m still debating… I really only export the HRV/HR to other apps and don’t much pay attention to their “Readiness” algorithm, as when my workouts from Strava finally imported again, Oura kept telling me to go into Rest Mode. :roll_eyes: So, I feel the continuous HR monitoring and while you exercise is a nominal bonus for me. I do think the period tracker could be good but mine pretty much proves out just from their existing temperature measurements. The more accurate sleep stages better serves those with issues, imo, but maybe with being on the cusp of perimenopause, these last 2 items would be worth it, eventually. I think my husband is not upgrading, even though his REM is always super low, so he would maybe benefit from the sleep stages update. I’m definitely still listening to pros/cons!
-Angie

I have been bedating on the new version.
@adm0629, @PaleGail @Coach_Theia
I am thinking about changing sizes. My rings pretty lose. On what finger and how fitted do you all wear your ring?

I wear mine on middle finger, dominant hand - it sits looser than I like, very loose when I’m cold; but, when I’m hot or bloaty, I can barely get it off and am thankful I sized it this way. Crazy, though - I imagine it’s not ideal.
-Angie

I wear it on my middle finger as well - i find i can wear it for all my workouts - I’m not lifting crazy weight like @Coach_Theia but for biking and pure barre i do not have issues - i wear it on my left hand as i have a ring i like that i wear on my right and since I’m right handed - for me, wearing the oura on my non-dominant hand feels right

DC Rainmaker did a “first look” on the new Oura. It sounds to me like if you’re not upgrading from the previous version and getting a discount, you might want to wait until the software catches up to the hardware.

Thank you for the article. I have decided to upgrade.

In this article, it talked about sizing being the same but then said Gen 3 was sized slightly different. @Coach_Theia Did you order a new sizing kit?

@kellynoelharman when I ordered, there was no option to not have the sizing kit, so I assume it is slightly different.

I have a question as someone that’s curious about these. I have a smart watch that gives me lots of data but I like the temperature tracking on the new ring. For those of you that have it already is there anything other than sleep tracking that you use it for? Also do you change your plans for the day based on what score it gives you?

@Reneea2002 I use it to track “readiness” and the Oura is usually quite accurate in that regard. When my readiness is low, I feel tired and have a very hard time for workouts. As for changing plans based on the Readiness score - I typically don’t. BUT if I have low readiness scores a few days in a row then yes, I modify my plan and take recovery days. I have been wearing it for a while now, and looking at the history, the ring showed very clearly the warning signs before I got sick, for example. It also clearly shows a higher temp 6-7 days before my period.

The feedback from the Oura made me more aware of how my habits and exercise schedule impact my sleep, health, and recovery. It’s truly eye-opening how much we can influence our lives in those areas. Also things I do before bed… for example eating too close to bed time keeps my HR high and I don’t have as much deep sleep.

1 Like

Thanks this is helpful.

@Reneea2002 In addition to sleep tracking, I rely on Oura to transfer HRV, RHR, and sleep duration to transfer to other apps - I use those metrics as my main guide as to whether I need to limit intensity. In the Oura app itself, my rising temperature and resting heart rate directly correlates to the hormone fluctuations in my cycle and pinpoints menstruation down to the day.
-Angie

1 Like

@Reneea2002. I use the information in the same way Coach does.

@Reneea2002 same here I’ve definitely found the readiness and sleep to be helpful in knowing when to take it a little easier, get more rest, think about why i might not have slept as well etc.