Oura Ring recs?

Does anyone have a discount code to share. It looks like maybe you get a $50 off referral code to share with people?

@Reneea2002 I searched but could not find any. I did receive a referral code a while ago, but donā€™t have it anymoreā€¦ but it looks like the one I shared above still works? Try it:

https://ouraring.com/discount/59c650ed1f

Thank you!

I got my sizing kit yesterday. Do you guys wear it on your index finger like they suggest? Does it bug you on the bike? I feel like the sizer is very noticeable while on my bike.

The first I had I wore on my middle finger. The one I have now is on my ring finger (left hand) and I like it much better. I even forget itā€™s there. It does not bother me when I am on the bike.

You find itā€™s still accurate on your ring finger? Sorry for all the questions. I wonder why they recommend the index finger.

I donā€™t have data comparison between index and annular - I get all the readings without issues as the examples I gave about my broken leg etc. Also period prediction and illness- I am sick right now (covid test negative but will test again) and Oura started showing increase in resting HR and body temp 3 days before symptoms

Thatā€™s awesome. Thank you!

I really like my oura ring - like. Coach i find that if i listen when it tells me i need more recovery i really do feel better and perform better - I fitted it for my dominant hand index finger even though I wore my first one on my other hand - because of how they said it should fit, that was a finger where the knuckle and the finger were more the same - Iā€™ve been wearing it however one finger over as it was getting too tight on my index finger - even though i work the tester for well over a day - i actually just switched it so it will be interesting - i find as i gain/lose weight & my body water changes it is going to change a bit somewhat

What is an oura ring? What does it do? Iā€™ve never heard about this?
Thanks

Itā€™s interesting to read all these positive comments because Iā€™ve been researching these for a while and most comments have been negative and lots of complaints about poor customer service. Now I am considering it again.

@Dmitche see info below:

This discount still works, I ordered one last night. Been looking at these for quite some time and loved all these positive comments about it. Thanks!

2 Likes

and now I have ordered one. So much for my other plan. :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Any insight into sizing? I have big knuckles and skinny fingers so the fit isnā€™t tight on most fingers. And I donā€™t really like it on my index finger. I canā€™t say these sizers are comfortable and not sure the ring will be either.

Iā€™m also thinking itā€™s cold now so there is less volume in my fingers and they may swell and shrink with the seasons.

Any info will be appreciated.

Do those of you with Oura rings use the subscription? Is it worth the monthly cost? Is there a discount still working? Thanks!

@bkolden the discount works. And you get 6 months free subscription which is $5/mo.

I found the sizers much bulkier than the ring itself. However itā€™s important that itā€™s snug at the base of your finger. I was very excited to get my ring and try it out but Iā€™ve decided to return it. I was disappointed that the temperature reading is only recorded once a day and itā€™s noted as a variation instead of an actual reading. My other reason for returning is that the step count is very inaccurate. When I researched it this is a known issue. I find my smart watch a better fit for me.

Thanks @Reneea2002 that is helpful. I really am interested in my sleep patterns. I was trying to see if my blood sugar was impacting it but I canā€™t seem to find any strips for my monitor. Supply chain issues. Thanks fully I donā€™t take insulin.

1 Like

I got the sizers last week and my ring should come Wednesday. Iā€™m looking forward to the sleep insights as I do have sleep apnea and trouble sleeping. Iā€™m curious about insights into that and the effects of my workouts and recovery on my body.
I think that is the main purpose of it rather than counting steps and activity. Fitness trackers and smart watches are better for that.

1 Like