Strength training to be incorporated to your cycling plans!

What kind of kettlebell?

Iā€™m in too :heartpulse:

I talked to Jess. We will start with a program using only body weight. For those of you who have been lifting, you may add load (weights) to the program, but the most important thing is to get a solid foundation with good form before adding weights. Iā€™m excited!!

6 Likes

@Coach_Theia and everyone, I am SO behind on my emails :grimacing: Totally YES for me, could not be more excited and appreciate for this enhancement to our program. Iā€™ve started slowly and have lots of resources at home, but just like the core work, having this on my calendar will motivate me much more. I like to see green instead of red :grin: THANK YOU!!

1 Like

This would be completely amazing @Coach_Theia! In a quirky turn of fate, just last year I donated all of our home gym equipment (dumbbells, medicine balls, bands, etc.) to various places. Now with all of our local gyms and recreation/community centers closed Iā€™m re-stocking with a view to turning our back patio into a practical good-weather exercise area. Some focused, structured workouts would be invaluable.

1 Like

Yes! We now have a small gym in the garage and I know it would benefit me.

1 Like

Looking forward to this @Coach_Theia!!! While I have some options already, its great to have a focus with a group of people!

1 Like

Sounds great are we starting in April? Did i miss the April training planā€¦gesh sorry can you re-send. Thanks for your patience with me :slight_smile:

Hi @AshleyA I can send it again. I had sent you the standard version, but do you want the longer one (longer workouts)?

Hi Theia,
Now that Iā€™m home Iā€™ve had more time to dedicate to my Zwifting. Iā€™m interested in the strength addition. Iā€™ve never used the trainer for much over 1hour 15min, Iā€™m sure it would be good for me,. How long are the sessions? Thanks Ashley

So fast, thank you!!

1 Like

I still havenā€™t managed to do these. It is weird being home and not having a commute or other distractions but I have still had trouble managing my time because my work is very collaborative and with everyone suddenly remote and the world so uncertain, we are having to adjust our deal underwriting on the fly and much like everyone elseā€™s work, it has been super challenging. I want to start the strength thing this week - - thanks so much for incorporating this!

1 Like

I too am challenge to do this too. I am not doing much else but am zoned by end of day to try. I will give it a go again tomorrow!

1 Like

Not sure how I missed this butā€¦ excited to try it!

Awesome @mpatton!

@Marmen21 @Gossimrr and all - I know I get excited about the strength training. But please know that I donā€™t lose sight of the fact that you all signed up for CYCLING training :relaxed: so if you are not interested in strength training or want to start at a later time, thatā€™s absolutely fine. No pressure or judgement from me - itā€™s really just excitement because Iā€™ve seen so many benefits and improvements from it in my own life and cycling (keep getting sprint and other PRs). And because some of you expressed interest. I donā€™t want to make any of you feel guilty about not doing it. Just know itā€™s there if you opt to do it. :hugs:

7 Likes

@Coach_Theia, not at all a problem!!! I totally agree with incorporating it and I miss it. Used to do more of that than riding during non-summer months. I actually appreciate your input very much so please donā€™t stop on my account and definitely do t feel bad about talking about it and itā€™s benefits!!! I really need to start it again!

2 Likes

@Coach_Theia, I agree with @Marmen21I want to do it. I did 12 weeks and I see how much better it made me. I am finally feeling better today. I woke up with less pain. It was wonderful. I did some yoga and was happy. So I am going to try and make a better plan with the new normal for as long as this lasts! I may adapt the strength as I have this narrowing in the space between my clavical and humerus and also osteophytes in my C-5 vertebrae. When I do alot of weight bearing exercises, pain can set in. I declined any sort of surgery as I am able to keep it under check for 10 years now (for the neck) and 5 for the arm. So, I will use my judgement with the upper body exercises.

2 Likes

Sounds good @Gossimrr :muscle:

1 Like

I did a strength training session today. I hurt in my shoulders and back. I got one in so far. I modified so I didnā€™t do too many exercises causing approximation of the shoulder. I tried to adapt to a non weight bearing exercise focusing on the same muscle group. OK, goal is for one more this week.

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to attempt my first strength session tomorrow - Iā€™ve persuaded Hannah it would be good to do this together :grin: Hopefully sheā€™ll be able to help me keep on track

5 Likes