Women Cycling Challenge Members

@Mslbennett done!

welcome to all the October Challenge Members!!!
I started with the challenge at the end of May and enjoyed it so much I stuck around and Iā€™ve totally seen improvement in my cycling over the past 4 months.
Best advice i have for you all is the following:

• listen to @Coach_Theia when she tells us recovery days are important
  • try not using ERG mode - and donā€™t go back to it - youā€™ll learn more about your abilities that way, trust me - i was reluctant but now iā€™m a believer - i did all of ZA without it
  • dont worry about getting stars - i know weā€™re programmed to watch those from Zwift WOs but trust me, Coach doesnā€™t care if we hit them or not, its about focusing on the things that are in that WO -
  • watch Coachā€™s videos before you do the WO - she explains the intent and the nuances that you donā€™t get just from the WO script and it helps a lot
  • while the routes are essentially flat while in WO mode, think about what will impact you mentally while doing a ride - for me, if its a tough WO or Iā€™m feeling not 100%, i still pick a flatter route as seeing the mph drop to nothing still impacts my mental approach to the WO
  • and lastly, just have fun!!!
7 Likes

Thanks for posting this @PaleGail!!

1 Like

can you pls add me to the private group, thanks.

@twohands done!

Please add me

Please add me too :grinning:

I am not shure if I am in the private groupā€¦?

@Gold6 @hazelwilkinson and @Marex you are all in.

Thank you @Coach_Theia

Hi Theia, I received your email and saw it in training peaks calendar however I stupidly moved the first workout to Friday last week to make sure it was working in Zwift. Now I canā€™t move it Tuesday which is when I would like to do the work. Is it possible to resend to me please.

Iā€™m Ludweig or Dawes.joanne@yahoo.ca.

Many thanks,
Joanne

I re-sent it.

Hi coach, I havenā€™t received the first training email to accept the plan,can you pls send it? Thanks

Hi @Coach_Theia, I donā€™t have access yet. Thank you.

Will we still have access to these workouts in zwift after the 30 days are over or are they only available for a short time?

First workoutwas great. Thank you for sharing. Do you get notified when we complete them or do we need to do something?

done @twohands and @reinbutan

@Reneea2002 the workouts are no longer in Zwift after you do them. Also, please refer to the ā€œgetting startedā€ posts and ā€œweek 1 workoutsā€ discussion in the private group for the Challenge for the answer to your question and other important info.

I just emailed you. Hopefully Iā€™ll get everything together and catch up. I need access to private group

I canā€™t get into the private groupā€” nicole@volek.us

also how do I do the workout in swift? will it pop up under the workout sections?

thank YOU so very much

@Uspinuwin you have been added to the private group and I emailed you the plan.

@nicole I gave you access to the private group as well.

When you both have the chance, please read the ā€œgetting startedā€ post and the post about applying the training plans and connecting to Zwift, both under theWomen Cycling Challenge group. Those should answer many of your questions, but of not, please post a follow-up there. Thanks.