Women Cycling Challenge Members

I don’t have access either, I did get the plan. Finally accomplished a workout yesterday after recovery from over training before the plan started.
Do you email the plans weekly? I’ll be heading out today for a ride. Thanks!

Hi @kimookie I just added you to the private group here in the forum, where we have all the info you need. Please take a read through them. You need to submit your workout log from this week to receive next week’s plan.

Hi Theia
Can you please add me and Rebeka Fincher to the private group.

Thanks

I added you @herrington14 now just need Rebeka’s user name or email to add her.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Workout Log Submission Links

@Coach_Theia what date does the challenge finish? We are going on holiday Nov 3 to Nov 11… to our wine region​:wine_glass:… Margaret River… sadly won’t be drinking :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:… hubby will take part in the Tour of Margaret River :biking_woman::biking_woman::biking_woman:http://tourofmargaretriver.com/ and I’ll be mingling with cycling pros Annemiek van Vleuten, Marianne Vos and our Perth girl Jessica Allen​:wink:. Just need to know if I need to pack my kickr :+1:

1 Like

November 2nd! Wow that’s a fancy trip @Maya very cool!!

1 Like

Thank you @Coach_Theia… if you ever have a chance to come to Oz you should look into Dirt Margaret River CX and Cape to Cape MTB… never done it but looks lots of fun…

1 Like

I am really enjoying this month’s workout! It’s getting in my best cycling shape yet as a beginner. I’m already dreading when it ends on November 2nd. Coach, do you have any recommendations for training plans that we can follow to keep this going?

1 Like

Hi @MichaeleenT I am really happy to hear that the training is working well for you! After the Challenge you will have the option to continue on to the next plan that is designed to be the next step following the the current plan.

Last time Challenge participants received a $15 discount on any of our membership plans. I am sure they’d be happy to provide their feedback in case you have questions or are looking for recommendations.

My main goal when designing training plans is to provide Masters athletes with the stimulus necessary for growth and improvements in their cycling (through power and skills development) in a balanced way, so that athletes can be consistent with their training (while avoiding injury and fatigue). Consistency is just as important as the type of training that you do.

2 Likes

@Coach_Theia I’m interested in the plan for the winter. Can I do month to month or do I need to commit to a year? And does the strength plan include core and weights?

Hi @Luv2bike there is no minimum commitment - it can be month to month, and you decide if you want auto-renewal each month or just pay one month at a time. The strength plan includes core and plyometrics - no weights. I’d love to have you!

Thank you for the workouts this week, Coach Theia. They are kicking my butt :slight_smile: And how can I look up extra plans to do after this? I searched using your name as the keyword, but came up with nothing. Sorry for asking, but I am new to TP. Thx

Hi @SNiemyjski I don’t have plans for sale on the TrainingPeaks website. The way it works is similar to the Challenge, except you don’t have to submit links in a survey to receive the workouts! You get a 4-week plan each month with a monthly membership. The workouts are shared via TrainingPeaks, just like we do now. You also get a 30-min free on-boarding call with me to decide the best plan forward. You also get access to the members-only section of the forum.

The membership plans are available on the [360 VELO] website - scroll to the bottom of the page for membership options. Let me know if you have any questions!

I would definitely be interested in the cycling and nutrition coaching. I’m doing Ironman Tulsa in May and it’s a hilly course!

1 Like

@Okdebo hilly courses are great and you can definitely be ready for that. We have another triathlete training for an upcoming hilly course (the 70.3 in South Africa).

@Maya , I visited the Margaret River area this summer… and I did tour wineries! :wink: Beautiful area! Found an awesome cycling shop: Fat Duck. Great cappuccino!! (And of course I bought a kit!) Aussies are SO friendly, and the country is just fantastic! Sounds like a cool trip!

2 Likes

Thank you :kiss: my profile pic is from Fat Duck ride we did last yr when we were down to watch Cape to Cape a week before I found I was prego… also my last IRL ride which markes exactly 12months today…

Will be going out today to celebrate with my new bike. Was planning to do 2.3 on Friday but our little one did not let me… so done it last night… hope I survive the ride today :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Excellent! Ride on Maya!!

1 Like

Hi beautiful ladies,

just a little updated and light at the end of the tunel…since the bad news from my CT scan… I’ve gone through five stages of some kind of grief denial, anger, depression and acceptance and all of this in 2 weeks…:tired_face::exploding_head:
I was feeling angry at myself, not with the world but myself… and depressed at the same time…so that I litteraly set my Zwift and Strava to private… unfollowed people… just wanted to be alone :tired_face:… I feel so bad and soo sorry now… :cry:

Since my GP advised me of the CT results… I chased my surgeon last week who immediately looked at the result and told me that he cannot do anything surgically as I have very mild hernia it’s not an issue and I can continue to do exercise and carry on as usual and carry our daughter around… yes it was great news but i felt so bad with myself… .so bad and angry that I jumped on Zwift that day and had meltdown as I could not push the watts that I could just a week ago… :sob::sob::sob:

Our 7 yr old son caught me crying on my bike and next day he asked my husband to set up Zwift for him to cheer me up and to peddle together… was the best group ride ever :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As I was still down last week and I know that I need to fix my tummy some how… I managed to book a women physio today on Christmas eve … she was so good and gave me full assessment and explained to me what was happening…

As most women after pregnancy I’ve muscle separation but my is bit big 4 -5 fingers most womens are 2-3 fingers… my mild hernia is actually located in line with leania alba and the previous hernia scar… after examination today she noted that we cannot fix the mild hernia but at least try to close the muscle separation which will help to strengths abdominal wall and keep the hernia in so it does not move out… she noted that my muscle are very flexible that is a good signe for the gap to close a bit compared what is now…hope this makes sense…

Now we have plan in place and i told her I’m very realistic…i don’t want a six pack but at least a 3 pack :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: … today was a first day in 2 weeks that I’m starting to feel normal again…

I wish you all and your families Merry Christmas enjoy your festive season…

5 Likes