Women Cycling Challenge Members

Glad you’re feeling at bit more positive @Maya.

Katy Bowman is very good on fixing this muscle separation (Diastasis Recti). She actually has a whole book on how you can manage and fix it it through natural movement. This would probably be a good supplement to your physio treatment.

Here’s the link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Diastasis-Recti-Solution-Abdominal-Separation/dp/098965396X

2 Likes

@Tracyligemagreen, Thank you so much for that I’ll look into it.

@Maya sounds like you are in a good path and with good support. How sweet of your son. That is priceless.

1 Like

@Maya, your son is adorable! What a great positive influence. Glad you are out of isolation - your peeps would have miss you too much and it would have been a whole lot tougher for you. Health and happiness for 2020! :mountain_biking_woman:t3::biking_woman:t2:

1 Like

Oh @Maya! Hugs hugs hugs! I am so glad you have found people who can help you and you have a plan. Your son is a little sweetheart! Love the photo of the two of you shifting together. Be kind to yourself, take care and I hope you and your family have a wonderful time shifting and celebrating the holidays together. :heart::hugs:

1 Like

Oh @Maya it’s so nice to get an update from you! The path is not always straight and clear, but you found a good one and I am happy for you! Your son is such a compassionate young man- what a blessing!

Interesting I’ve had a hernia in the same location where you have the new one since age 10 - I can see mine in the mirror even. My mom took me to the doctor at the time and he said that if it’s not painful there is no need to worry about it. It is tender and “cringy” when I touch it but it doesn’t hurt. Never done anything about it but now I think I might benefit from exercises too. Will look at that book @Tracyligemagreen!

Thanks for checking in Maya, and if you want to talk/vent at anytime, we are here!!! Merry Christmas!!

1 Like

@Maya, Sending virtual hugs to you! So glad you are coming back to the land of people who care and want to support you, and is that son of yours the best of all? What a wonderful photo! Hope to enjoy a group ride with you soon, and that you continue to improve. :heart:

1 Like