Coming soon: FIT & FESTIVE MONTH!

1. You know my favorite is VO2. ( I’m also batshit crazy so it kind of makes sense.)
  2. I don’t have a least favorite workout.
  3. Yes, I am doing the team championship racing
  4. I can make whatever time after 6pm est on Friday.

And yes- many of us have been with @Coach_Theia for quite a while. Some of us are amazed that she has not started spiking her protein shakes with all of our antics.
Remember the time @Stefanie and I made up the SuperPretzel recovery ride and put in completed numbers on Training Peaks? Ha ha ha

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have it any different @Petals! Life would be too dull without yours and @Stefanie’s antics!!

2 Likes

Just realized I did not answer this question- sorry about that @Reneea2002! I have found that 3 structured workouts/week is usually what most athletes prefer to do, so that they have some freedom to do group and other rides. It’s not only a physical change, but also a mental break from having to do structured work. Having said that, I do 5 structured workouts/week in my own training and love it, so everyone is different! I also remember from our conversation a few weeks ago that you are not a big fan of the group rides.

Nevertheless, 4+ workouts/week require a completely different structure than what we have now. In order to have more than the 3 workouts in the current plans each week, I would need to redesign the overall training load. That is because the three workouts we have are intense enough, and adding more intensity on top could be too much and thus not beneficial in the long run.

What you could do is repeat a favorite workout each week but adjust your FTP so that the hardest interval is not above 75% of FTP. That way you still have variation and can work on skills such as cadence, shifting, etc.

Brownie points!!

2 Likes

I KNOW that is SO not true!!!

1 Like

Lots of smart athletes in this group :wink:

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: great letter thank you

2 Likes

@Michelle that was an awesome letter to Coach Santa :blush:

1 Like

Yes there are @Coach_Theia although I’m obviously not one of them, I admitted what is not my favorite and somehow i do think that will come back to haunt me :joy::joy:

Ok now I’m a little wary about riding with you @Petals and @Stefanie :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@PaleGail. Don’t be afraid. Riding with us is entertaining- its like a comedy show in between the gasps and swearing. :wink: Feel free to join us.

2 Likes

LOL @PaleGail you should join us on a SuperPretzel recovery ride sometime :grin:

1 Like

As we all enter the holiday season, we may be asked some questions by our non-cycling family at the holiday meal. Here are some answers to those tricky questions.

Ever had to answer the question what is chamois butter?

Have you tried answering “ When a person and a bike love each other very much, sometimes that special relationship just needs a little lube to keep things running smoothly. ”

2 Likes

This is hilarious! penile blood flow or “labial pressure" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

@Petals and @Stefanie when you put it that way, i will have to give it a go!! Guessing you use discord with the gasping and swearing :sweat_smile: so you’ll have to teach me that one - i still haven’t used it

1 Like

Fit & Festive Plan will be shared on Saturday!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

7 Likes

Ohhhhh… that is just too good!!

Does anyone used the premium stuff of training peaks? I see they have a black friday deal going but im just not sure if its something that is useful.

1 Like

I like the graphs (fitness trends over time) and more flexibility in moving workouts. That said, you don’t need Training Peaks premium. Cyber Monday is 25% off, and you can use that to sign up for a year to get a really good discount.

1 Like

@Reneea2002 I think I’m going to try it. I have Strava Premium and can’t say I use it that much.

1 Like

Alright team!! I am putting in the finishing touches into the plan. Not only will it be fun, it will have something special layered in every week and for every workout! I am almost done… just a few more hours and I will share it with you! Can’t wait!!

8 Likes