Final Surge Setup and Technical Q&A

I think I only have one Zwift ID number.

@Debbiecoll are you looking in the right place? I was looking in the wrong place until I figured it was under customs WO.

This must be frustrating.

good idea- let us know what you hear. I am curious as to why this is happening to you

@Debbiecoll do you have a folder under your Zwift ID called ā€œDownloadedā€? So Zwift ā†’ Workouts ā†’ [Used ID number] ā†’ Downloaded

Try saving the .zwo in the Downloaded folder in your computer and see if it shows on Zwift under workouts - custom- downloaded.

Also, I donā€™t think this is a Final Surge issue, but rather a Zwift issue.

Can anyone explain why when I move a WO to a different day, it still shows up on the day it was originally scheduled even when Iā€™ve done a different WO? This plays with my OCD.

I moved fierce to Saturday and did a recovery WO today. But it is still listed as fierce today.

@Gossimrr Iā€™ve had that happen to me and it seems rather random so Iā€™m not sure what the fix is. I think FS may cure us of OCD since it is not conducive to those traits! lol

@bkolden NO!!!

I canā€™t

Mine does that for everything I move, even if I put a different planned activity on the day I moved it from to ā€œholdā€ the space. And I canā€™t keep my bike commutes from syncing into my workouts either, even if I set the workout for a particular time, so my calendar is a general mess. It bothered me at first but since it seems there isnā€™t anything I can do about it, Iā€™ve just decided itā€™s not worth expending energy over and donā€™t worry about it since all the data is there, just mostly not labeled correctly :grin: Looking forward to when Final Surge will sync with Zwift so I can disconnect with Strava.

thanks for mentioning this problem. I will investigate the set up on my side to see if thereā€™s anything I can do- eg The way I set up the group calendar

My OCD thanks you. I think I figured out my commute by putting an order to them Iā€™ll see if it works again next week.

I am puzzled, because this does not seem to be happening to everyone. @Gossimrr I was going to suggest that- using order instead of time for rides to pair. Iā€™ll contact FS on the calendar duplicates question.

@bkolden and @Stefanie mentioned it too. Thank you for contacting FS.

@Gossimrr correct, and in looking at othersā€™ calendars I see workouts moved around and no duplicates. Anyway, weā€™ll see what FS says.

Iā€™ve tried adding in commutes as a planned ride and ordering them and it didnā€™t work for me. So will be interested to see if it works for @Gossimrr

Take a peek at my calendar 2-20-2024. I did Fierce on Monday 2-19-2024 and the 3030/2040 on 2-20-2024. I moved Fierce to Monday and my calendar correctly showed for that workout. Yesterday I moved 3030/2040 from Thursday to Tuesday but what shows up on my calendar is Fierce again with the time I rode for 3030/2040 and the 3030/2040 workout appears not completed. Just as an example that it appears random and often not seen until after a workout. I will unmerge the workout after you have looked.

@bkolden yes, I see that.

Sorry Iā€™ve been MIA all. I havenā€™t had WOs return to a prior day but I did notice that once you edit and save, itā€™s easy to move vs copy and maybe thatā€™s what happened? I mostly did free ride last weeā€™ to finish out TdZ and Iā€™m having computer issues so saving and uploading to zwift is a bit laborious right now. I did the first time just put one under workouts not under my zwift Iā€™d under workouts.

1 Like

This is what I think happened with the Fierce workout. After @bkolden posted on Monday that the workout did not have a name, I went into the Team Calendar and fixed it, which probably caused it to save as a ā€œnewā€ workout on Tuesday for anyone who had already moved the Fierce from Tue to Mon. No changes for people who had not saved/moved it to their local calendar yet (most people). That explains why no one else seems to have this issue but only those who moved it before I renamed it. Other people moved workouts and I donā€™t see any duplicates. I also did a test with my own athlete account and no issues.

Now @Stefanie you said this happens with all workouts for you? So it happened last week and has been happening with other workouts also?

Regarding ā€œorderingā€ of workouts on the calendar, have you tried entering a number order (as opposed to a time order)?

That makes perfect sense. Thanks @Coach_Theia

Correct @Coach_Theia The week of the 5th I added in bike commutes as planned workouts at the beginning of the week and ordered them on the calendar by number and time, and I moved the workout from Tuesday to Monday, and switched the Wednesday and Thursday ones and this is what happened

If I donā€™t want my bike commutes to record as the workout, I have to wait until before I do the workout to move it. But then the workout still pops up on the day I moved it from and my bike commute saves to it

Iā€™m not worried or freaked out by it, itā€™s just messy, and I am patiently waiting for Final Surge to be able to connect directly with Zwift :grinning: