Final Surge Setup and Technical Q&A

You can always move it after and then merge with your completed WO or just unmerge the commute from the planned WO and merge the planned WO with the completed
Not sure which is easier forvyou

2 Likes

Thanks @PaleGail ! I’ve thought about that, but it’s more fussing than I care to do at the moment :smile:

2 Likes

@Stefanie after I accidentally sent 30 days of WOs duplicate and had to clean that up, this seems easy :rofl:

Hi @Coach_Theia the Stepping Stones workout only has .fit file options for download. All the others have .zwo

I think it’s fixed now @Stefanie

It worked! Thank you!

1 Like

@PaleGail I havent frigured out to merge and unmerge WOs.

Click the little graphs upper right like you would to move it, then right click the dots in the upper left by the edit pen and copy, you can unmerge or merge form there!

@Gossimrr There are some helpful quick tutorials within Final Surge you can access from your calendar screen:

1 Like

@Coach_Theia or whomever has the answer, Saturday is the only day that I do the workout on the day that Coach programs. I am successfully able to move workouts and add to Zwift but I am continuing to have a workout show up as a duplicate on the day which it was originally scheduled. That “duplicate” doesn’t seem to sho up until after I have done the workout. In this example I sucessfully moved the Threshold to Monday but then it showed up again on Tuesday and the Squeeze workout paired with it instead of the Squeeze workout on the calendar. This has happened the last few weeks. Am I doing something wrong? Yes it is easy to unmerge and merge to the correct workout but that is just one more step to remember each week. Last week, I leave no workouts on Thursdays on the calendar because I race. But my prerace warm up loaded with the duplicate Thursday workout that had already loaded on Tuesday.

@bkolden @Stefanie @Gossimrr I just heard back from FS. See below.

“Hi Theia,
I think we figured out why this is happening. It has to do with how we are hiding the team calendar workout after the athlete moves it. I’m assuming this team workout doesn’t show up again on the original day until after the athlete has completed a workout on that day and it’s synced over to Final Surge? I think our workout import code is looking for all workouts scheduled on that day (individual and team) and then matching them. It looks like we’re still matching with team calendar workouts that have been moved by the user (so our code doesn’t know it was already moved). Once we match it and merge the workout, that team workout then shows back up.

Our team is looking at how we can try and fix this as it’s part of some core logic of how workouts are imported. Give us a couple of days to see if we can get this fixed and prevent this from happening in the future.

For the commute pairing issue, our code doesn’t look at time of day at all. We simply look for planned workouts of the same type (Run, Bike, Swim) on that day and then try to match the completed workout with the workout that has the closest planned distance or planned duration of the completed workout. If I were them, I wouldn’t put a planned time on the commute as that time field is really for the completion of the workout.”

3 Likes

Thanks @Coach_Theia! I will just keep plugging along as I have been. At least it’s easy to unmerge and remerge with correct workout. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’ll have to try the merging and unmerging. Just when I had it down in TP :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am very late to the party and won’t be on the bike until next week most likely. Life has ‘shown up’ and while I am doing weights training 3 x a week in the morning for my knee, I have sorely missed my biking which I have been lax on making a priority for a number of reasons. My knee is really great but the hard pushing on the bike seems to trigger it. I’ve been away sporadically and also had some trainer issues. It’s been a challenge. I know the strength training is helping so I’m taking it slowly and augmenting with some low watts spins here and there as well as walking. I’m not getting as wound up about it all as I would have before. However, I have been feeling a bit ‘down’ about it all too and missing the community here.
I will get back to it regularly after this next short trip away next week.

We have a bike trip coming up in May in Spain - so my motivation is real. First time I’ll be on an e-bike but the elevation is constant over 5 days and I just didn’t want to risk it.

I’ve read through the posts and am curious as to where everything is now, with regard to FS uploading into ZWIFT? I can trace the thread here with the action steps to move workouts through to our own files,zwift number etc and upload.

However, I thought I read a while back that they would eventually be ‘in Zwift’ just as they were previously…no fiddling with files needed. Has that happened yet or do I need to prep my workouts as was explained earlier here in this thread?

Looking for the easiest way to reconnect to this group that I have sorely missed with the least amount of technical challenges. I can absolutely follow the download / upload directions but if I don’t have to I’d appreciate the latest updates. Thank you kind people xox

3 Likes

Have missed you @kswhite ! I’m glad to hear your knee is doing so well. You’ll be back in the swing of workouts before you know it, especially with Spain to motivate you :heart_eyes:

Final Surge does not yet connect to Zwift. So you will need to download the .zwo files from FS and save them to your computer’s Zwift folder. If you have Strava, you can connect FS and Strava so your workout after you have completed it will go from Zwift to Strava to Final Surge. It’s not perfect, but not as fussy or hard as it all might sound.

2 Likes

Great to hear from you @kswhite !! We missed you indeed. Thanks @Stefanie for posting the info re: FS. I am honestly starting to be skeptical of the Final Surge-Zwift connection. It’s taking so long! Although Zwift is notorious for taking long. I am also starting to think Zwift doesn’t want to add any more connections after all the layoffs… because a new connection will mean having to provide tech support for a new platform.

3 Likes

Thank you Stefanie. We are back home and I am on it! I think I’ll start slowly with just connecting the ZWIFT and FS piece and see how I go from there. I’ll go back to the initial instructions and follow along diligently. :face_with_monocle:
You’ll be please to know Stanley had the time of his life, running in and our of the water and digging in the sand.

1 Like

Missed you and Stanley @kswhite !!! After you spend some time getting settled, just let me know and I will give you a 3-week “back from hiatus” build.

I am back and home now with a regular pattern. I am craving routine again. In fact, I got up this morning to load the workouts so I’ll wait til I get the HIGH FIVE from you. Always so grateful for your help @Coach_Theia I can easily say that being away has been hard on my mental state too. I’m glad to be back. This is an amazing group and I am grateful to be part of such an amazing group of supportive women. Sending :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: across the border, across the continent and over the waves!

3 Likes

Hi @kswhite alright- working on it today!