Plyos for Beginners (Plyos I)

In this short video I demo 5 basic but very effective plyometric workouts with modifications. These are excellent for developing strength and speed. Highly recommended for cyclists. Start with 15-20 reps of each exercise once a week and increase from there.

4 Likes

Plyos are :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp: but so effective!! I have a love-hate relationship with them…

3 Likes

I should have mentioned that for the step-ups, you may use a much lower step to start.

3 Likes

Checking in… how did the Plyos go?

I am doing them tonight and hoping I will be able to get out of bed in the morning :grin:

2 Likes

Ok just did them and did a combo of some with modifications and some without. Much more doable and my heart is thumping away. Lol. Will definitely do them again. :grin:

1 Like

Did them last night and had to modify a bit. My old knees and ankles started to complain a little with all the jumping. But I liked them! Felt a little stiff when I woke up this morning but after moving around it got better :smiley:

Excellent!!! You might feel a little sore on Sunday, but overtime you will get used to it and get better and better. These will be great for building strong knees and ankles too, Stefanie!

1 Like

I meant to ask if these were meant to be done barefoot or in shoes. (I did it barefoot and felt OK - surprisingly sore the next day when squatting down to sit on the floor, however.)

You could do it either way, but if barefoot (like I do it on the video), it needs to be with cushion from a foam mat (which will need to be thicker if not on top of carpet). Thanks for the question!!

Confession time; I’ve been avoiding the plyos workout… not sure why but it looked a little scary :see_no_evil: But last night I bit the bullet and gave it a try - I did actually enjoy it! It wasn’t as difficult as I’d built it up to be and I’m really pleased I have it a go. My legs and back are a little sore this morning but in a good way :grin:

3 Likes

It will feel even “better” tomorrow! As with anything new, the body will adapt, so stick to it! Glad you took the plunge!!!

1 Like

I’ve been busy moaning about my sore legs all day so Hannah wanted to know what I’ve been up to - I explained plyos and she’s now decided she’ll do some whenever she’s waiting for the kettle to boil… on days she works from home she’s boiling the kettle every 30-45 mins so I suspect I won’t be the only one in the household with sore legs tomorrow :rofl:

4 Likes

Excellent! Go Hannah!

1 Like

Checking in… How are the plyos going??? Who is sticking to them?

1 Like

Yep! they’re usually incorporated into our Bootcamp sessions - we nearly always skip, lunge and jump squats, love them :muscle: :leg: I should add that they’re pretty hard :sweat_smile:

Did I miss this original email?? I was wondering what you meant by Plyos! Now I know! These look great! I will start incorporating them! You said do once a week?

eek, totally missed these! New job for tonight :joy:

2 Likes

I may have skipped them the past couple of weeks (going to use my MTB injuries as a weak excuse) But it’s back on my plan for this evening… currently on the train heading home from central London and soooooooo (not) looking forward to it :see_no_evil:

Yep been doing them or replacing with my strength session which includes core work, just haven’t been logging them on TP!