Pictures of food before/during/after workouts, riders and races

Will do. I’ll ask him. The trick is taking it out of the water at the right time, putting it in a colander over the still boiling water and covering it so it steams. I think he also uses a bit of stock and a touch of butter.

Tonight’s dinner. It morphed to more of a chicken vegetable soup but who’s complaining? Mixture of both light and dark meat, carrots, onion, green beans, corn, potatoes (we were out of celery so he switched it) AM swim and PM 3 mile walk post rain

1 Like

@vivian.a.workman sounds good to me!! I dont think ive ever made chicken soup and as a central PA girl where Sat chicken corn soup events were a thing (yes for real) thats saying a lot so any tips or recipes for a healthy version welcome!!

More from me!

Pre-ride meal. Whole grain bread french toast (two eggs), some cottage cheese and beries on top!

Dinner after a hike/endurance pace ride (active for 2,5 hours)
Hamburger made from lean meat, protein enriched bread
The fries are not fries but coated vegetables, string beans and root vegetables. They are so yummy. Watermelon salad with mozerella and red onion, balsamico dressing.

I hiked yesterday and picked a lot of wild blueberries. Norwegian wild blueberries are soooo good, because they ripe very slow, so very sweet. They are not like the ones with white meat, the red/blueness goes all the way through so your fingers and mouth looks terrible after eating them :smiley:
I just made whole grain muffins (good carbs) with them to eat for the Tour De Boudicca this weekend (and give to my partner of course) I just made them without a recipe. Some wheat flour, some whole grain flour, oatmeal, eggs, milk, baking soda, vegetable oil, musli and lots of berries.

4 Likes

Early on-sitework meetings yesterday morning and a last minute change of plans before we left meant I skipped breakfast. Around 9:30 I partially ate a package of snack well cookies and had an iced coffee.

Lunch was pretty good, chicken massaman (coconut curry with avocado and cashew) from the local Thai restaurant. Came home and ate the rest of the snackwell cookies, had half a pb sandwich and took a short nap. Grabbed 2 bottles of Nuun and some chews and headed up to the pain cave. With the heat outside it was 86-87 up there. Attempted 8.20.2.1 and it just wasn’t there. But stuck it out for the time. I think I’m going to start being a cooling towel up as it was primarily mental in response to the heat.

5k walk to finish the day then ate some leftover chicken soup.

This morning I had a honey stinger waffle pre run. Plan to have a decent lunch then a heavier snack prior to the USAC event tonight.

4 Likes

Post-USAC Race in Zwift: mashed potatoes, green beans, pork tenderloin

1 Like

@Silje I’m in love with your food!

1 Like

Haha vacation means time to prepare good food!

Today we had sushi bowl after my meet up at the race course. Jasmine rice, avocado, sugar snaps, raddish, mango, spring onion, cucumber, and salmon! Marinated in soy sauce and lime. Lots of coriander on top.

7 Likes

Thank you. I will.

@Coach_Theia School starts in a couple of weeks (hopefully). I think I am going to attempt to do my cycling training before school. This means I will need to be on the bike by 4:30 am each morning. What should I eat at 4:00 am for these am workouts? I assume I will need to eat protein post-workout.

Had a strawberry honey stinger waffle prior to my am run (which got interrupted by a client call but hey it’s work). Finished, showered and grabbed some bacon Josh had just cooked on my way to work.

Lunch we went to a local butcher shop turned into brick oven pizza joint (it’s all tie dyed, reggae and the Grateful Dead music and 25/30 taps, mostly WV beers). Had one of their build your own burgers made of locally grown beef, pretzel bun, pepper jack, lettuce tomato pickle a little mayo and a touch of their honey brown mustard. It was delish

Came home and walked 2 miles before the storms hit. 30’ power nap. Had some toast and Nuun prime pre race along with 32 oz of Nuun while riding. Overall felt I had ample energy today, clear and just felt good.

2 Likes

Man i was all set to show what i ate and then i saw @Silje and @vivian.a.workman and @Coach_Theia
Today was my bike off day but since i (somehow) signed up for Tour de Boudicca this weekend I know i need to be sure to have carbs etc, (and yesterday I goofed up the whole make prize dough timing) i had sourdough pancakes with yogurt and blueberries for breakfast, lunch finished off the cauliflower kale carrot ground turkey soup and for dinner, i tried grilled pizza again. It was just sausage mozzarella and black olives. It was getting late and i was too lazy to add spinach. Pizza is improving . I will make some sweet potato sausage muffins for this weekend’s race.

3 Likes

@Silje you are going to have to supply a recipe book just like we made @Stefanie do !

2 Likes

@PaleGail @Silje food looks so good and it probably is because it’s colorful and she plates it so well! The presentation makes your mouth water. I haven’t been eating well today. We are off for a long weekend away but I still have to work. But bike riding will be done.

2 Likes

I’m enjoying seeing all the different foods everyone eats. Lots of ideas.

Thanks for the feedback people! It’s not always like this! I’m just trying to be better at eating what mother nature provides outside and vegetables and berries in season her locally. Plus I have time to be more considerate on balancing macros when I have summer vacation! I try to eat simple food, fresh and made from scratch.

Its race weekend tomorrow and I always have this in some kind of variation. Pasta!

This is a chicken breast, zucchini, spring onion, broccoli and golden chantarelle sauce thing with some pesto to spice up. Ruccola on top. I picked the mushrooms yesterday. Its not easy to find but was able to find a bunch using skills and local knowledge :wink: Soooo good. Real delicatessen!

6 Likes

Me too! So much so that I had Pad Thai with bean sprouts last night thanks to @kellynoelharman!

2 Likes

Very simple and quick dinner (~10’). Wild grain rice with quinoa (it’s a mixed package from minute rice), black beans, avacado, lettuce, grated sharp cheddar and some tapatio. Had I had some fresh tomatoes I would have thrown them in there also.

6 Likes

Everyone’s food looks amazing!!

This was my pre-race lunch today about 2 hours before race time. Steel cut oat porridge with black raspberries from the garden, dried dates, a little soy milk, a little peanut butter, a sprinkle of pipits, and a few chocolate chips somehow made their way in there too. :smiley:

4 Likes

@Stefanie looks delish! and chocolate chips make their way on seemingly everything around here those little rascals :rofl:

1 Like

@Stefanie as usual that looks delicious!!! What are pipits btw?

Mine food wasn’t picture worthy - I had a protein shake with blueberries and kale and some sourdough pancakes (forgot to mention the other day that I had used kodiak cake mix for the flour for extra protein) ~3 hr prior then 45 ahead i had a scrambled egg with a little mashed sweet potato - afterward I some pasta -

1 Like